Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

5-star Amarius Mims: His 'Junior Day' visit to UGA made a big impact

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

image5-star Amarius Mims: His 'Junior Day' visit to UGA made a big impact

Amarius Mims is clearly one of the biggest priorities for UGA in the 2021 class. Georgia had fell behind Alabama and LSU after the departure of Sam Pittman. Where do the Bulldogs stand now?

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like another solid, high character young man we need to bring into the fold! Go Dawgs!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a very positive feeling about coach Luke. He did a fantastic job with the line for the Sugar Bowl, and the kids really seem to like him...

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commit to the G!!!!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From all the comments, it seems like the kids were naturally stunned when Pittman left. They didn't know Luke and they didn't know what to think about him. It sounds like those kids who give him a chance, see in him a lot of what they saw in Pittman. At least, they are giving him a chance. Unlike the Braun kid in Florida, who I thought was just totally senseless by instantly decommitting and then signing with Florida. Seems to me that he must have kind of wanted to go there all along and just needed any kind of a reason. If we can close the deal on Broderick Jones, I think we'll be in good shame to land Mims and then we can get back to business. Go Dawgs!

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

After a high flying year, perhaps like none other, LSU will have come down, with their feet planted firmly in the ground, when next year's season comes around. They will not be nearly the draw to senior high school students, for they tend to focus on who is good "now". We will, not should, have a better record as the season progresses and though we also play bama, bama will not be mulling over a humbling loss which will drive the revenge factor up. I like where we stand with all of the recruits we go head to head with concerning LSU.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“I would say don’t go to a college just because of a coach,” he said. “Because you see now how coaches can pull up and change jobs. Just go because you like that school and the players and the people there that will surround you more than just for a coach.”

Well stated. He was another recruited by Pittman. Now he sees things a bit differently. I believe Mims will follow Vandagriff. My opinion.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior