Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia football OC James Coley leaves staff, headed to Texas A&M

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageFormer Georgia football OC James Coley leaves staff, headed to Texas A&M

Former Georgia OC James Coley is headed to Texas A&M for a position on Coach Jimbo Fisher's staff with the Aggies in the SEC West Division

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best wishes to Coley and to his family

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good luck to Coach Coley and good luck to UGA.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 351 ✭✭✭ Junior

been waiting on this announcement for a week.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This was probably in the works before vandagriff publicly committed. Probably backed off pursuit of Williams. Makes sense now. Good luck to coach Coley. Hope it all works out for him. Kinda wonder if he wishes he had took that first chance.🤔

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

thanks for all you did Coley, but we had to make a change and i respect Kirby for making the hard call! GATA!

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

Knew this was coming, but a change had to be made. It was obvious that we had inexperienced receivers, but over the course of the season I would have expected them to be coached up. I hate to see Coley leave. He did a lot of good things during his time in Athens.

• Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for the great recruits you brought in and for your professionalism the last week or so. Good luck in your future endeavors!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck Coach Coley..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Coley is a good dude! When you’re the coordinator a lot of things fall at your feet that you have to take responsibility for. Coach Coley did that. Won’t say anything bad about the guy for several reasons. 1) he handle these coaching acquisitions over the last week or so like a professional, 2) He took a lot of the responsibility for the drop off in offense this season and I assure you, it wasn’t all his fault, 3) he recruited his rear off for Georgia. Now he may try and take a few of those unsigned players to TAMU. Good luck Coach Coley. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Not a good move by Kirby. No doubt this was coming but sad to see it happen. A bright young football mind who is also an outstanding recruiter who was thrown out like last months trash.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All the talk about Kirby being hard headed and unwilling to make changes is out the window!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wish you well at A&M. Thank you for your service to the UGA program. This move was not a surprise. UGA is evolving. Just lost one heck of a recruiter...but so are Luke and Kirby. Monken may be as well. Have to move on.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I, too, wish him the best and wish he'd been willing to stay. Seems like receivers coach would have been a good fit, though I understand why he probably wanted more. I will say I'm surprised, mostly because of the recent title bump that he accepted. Why the whole process of offering, accepting and announcing the new title if the guy's going to be out the door in a few days? Maybe he wasn't absolutely certain, but he must have had a strong idea that he would be moving on if it happened this quickly. So why not just hold off on all that? Surely other programs on the level he's interested in working at would see right through his holding a title for all of, what, 4 days as any sort of negotiating leverage - then again, maybe it really is that simple? I'm not saying I have any problem with it, and maybe there's some explanation that we're just not privy to. It just seems odd to me.

Anyway, good luck to him. As others have pointed out, he took a lot of heat for a situation that wasn't all his fault and kept his cool.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you want to win a Natty then you cant be 61st in scoring offense while BAMA, Clemson, LSU, Ohio St. are all top 10. It wasn't all his fault but the buck stops with him . CKS lost confidence that Coley could turn the offense around. He wanted someone who could revolutionize the passing attack.

If CKS doesn't make this move and gives Coley another year and next season it's more ineptitude then everyone on here is complaining about Smart not being visionary enough to get to the top and the whiners today about Coley leaving are the future complainers because was too stubborn to change the OC.

These men get paid hundreds of thousands to get the job done. They make more in 1 year than 99% of the population in America. HE just hooked up with Texas A&M where he will make hundreds of thousands of dollars more. I wish him well but I don't feel sorry for him and I sure ain't mad at Kirby.

• Options
    UGAThomasBrownUGAThomasBrown Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Kirby not James Coley is the person calling ALL THE SHOTS on offense.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully Coley will find his niche in Texas. His performance at Miami and UGA was lackluster.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To be sure, this site has seen no shortage of whining in its time. But I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "the whiners today about Coley leaving."

From what I can tell, there's been one comment that was critical of Smart letting Coley move on, and it was down-voted into oblivion. Whining and well-wishing are two very different things.