Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former Georgia football OC James Coley leaves staff, headed to Texas A&M

2»

Comments

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good points Tripp. The page is now turned and I'm excited to see what our revamped offense looks like in the fall. Hopefully, our recruiting success in South Florida doesn't dip. As you said, Coley was helpful on the recruiting trail.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

First and foremost, I don't give thumbs downs especially to whining fans because it's part of football, it shows you care and it usually comes from passionate fans particularly those of successful teams (any sports). Kirby's decision to revolutionize the offense may be due to the whining fans. Of course some can be very derogatory but I just ignore them.

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

Naw, Kirby's decision to revolutionize the offense is entirely due to the fact that he saw his previous offense in decline and it was costing his incredibly talented defense games. "Whining" fans almost certainly had nothing to do with it.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I said may be and since you know for sure the whining fans had nothing to do with his decision to revolutionize the offense, where is the proof?

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Of course there will never be proof in either direction, short of Smart coming right out and saying he learned more about his team from internet comment sections than his and his staff's own evaluations. But that explanation does seem rather unlikely, doesn't it?

Just to be clear, I don't have any problem with fans expressing dissatisfaction, or offering opinions on what improvements need to be made. I do it myself, and agree that it's a basic part of being a fan and wanting what's best for a team. I was even on the fans' side (overall) after the booing in the Kentucky game, as I didn't see it as booing the players, and understood why people were frustrated standing in that weather the week after an u.gly loss and witnessing the persistence of a fixable problem.

The "whining," as I see it, occurs when people seemingly go out of their way to come up with something to complain about - e.g., that we didn't win a big game by enough points, questioning decisions purely on hindsight, exaggerating or flat-out misrepresenting a situation, etc. Such comments often come across as snide, overstated and poorly argued, and it's this kind of stuff that I don't believe is at all helpful.

• Options
    MLVMLV Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good luck to Coach Coley! I am though, becoming more and more optimistic about what our offense is going to be capable of very soon. I was beginning to dread what we would be taking into Tuscaloosa in week 3 but now I'm thinking Coach Saban will have a bigger threat to contend with.

• Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good luck Coach Coley! You represented the Dawgs in good form and your legacy with recruiting is awesome. Coach Smart gave you a wonderful opportunity and you did the best you could do, given the experience and the opportunity.

With that said, you are headed to the Aggie's staff, where you can receive exactly what you need---- direction and nurturing from one of the great offensive minds in the game today. Take advantage of this moment, with time and mentoring you could be back at the helm.

I do welcome this change and this had to happen for the Dawgs to be able to progress to the next level.