Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anthony Edwards struggles against Ole Miss, Georgia basketball hits three-game skid

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageAnthony Edwards struggles against Ole Miss, Georgia basketball hits three-game skid

Georgia basketball is in a slump, losing a third-straight game to Ole Miss despite a commanding performance rebounding and sellout home crowd

Read the full story here

Comments

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Once again, typical.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Everyone says Antman is a generational player, top lotto pick, etc. He can be special, but on most occasions he's just another player. We see flashes, but they are few and far between. I hope he considers another year of school before jumping to the NBA. He's not ready for that part yet IMO. Will this team ever find a shred of defense? They can't seem to grasp the D part of the game.

• MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

Big surprise. Georgia stinks at basketball again. It looks like they have no talent at all, just like last year.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Same old stuff.

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

NIT bubble team once again!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do believe my high school team could take UGA. Crean needs more seasoned players and MUCH TALLER! Much more gravitas!!! UGA may let him go.....I am thinking...he cannot motivate these guys or create defense under the basket...plus episodes of terrible shooting. They led by one at one brief stint...then the usual slippery slope to another predictable loss. People are going to stop going to games altogether. Some UGA rabid fan will defend them, though...watch. "Nine freshmen." Maybe next year....."Nine sophomores"....lolol

• chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

Against Ole Miss it seemed GA's strategy was to take their shots in the paint and as close as they could get to the goal. Most of those shots were strongly contested and resulted in blocks or misses. In prior games a substantial part of GA's field goals came from that same type shot, and frequently they were uncontested. So what happened last night against Ole Miss? Ga faced a very tough inside defense and continued to go inside. They not show the ability to go for mid range jumpers but instead went for 3 point shots. I think Ole Miss knew what to expect and GA did not adjust. I do not see the NCAA Tourney in GS's 2020 future.

• williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

I'm disappointed and it makes me wonder about what if Fox and Hagan had stuck around. Fox fought an uphill battle and made some good runs. Hopefully, Crean can make them from the top.

• williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

Wheeler is a great defender and terrific ball handler, but the great point guards make all those layups he missed. Same with all those dudes, great players make all of those close put backs. Its up to these players to decide if they want to be OK or great???