Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Following James Coley departure, we'll learn a lot about the importance of South Florida to Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageFollowing James Coley departure, we'll learn a lot about the importance of South Florida to Georgia football

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. With James Coley gone, how important will South Florida be to Georgia football? James Coley's time at Georgia

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah Coley will be missed as far as south florida recruiting goes. We've had some good guys come thru since he's been with us. I hate that he chose to leave, but I knew the writing was on the wall when they hired two prior OC's. I wish him the best of luck at A&M.

The Kobe news shook me yesterday. To me, he wasn't just an iconic athlete, he was an iconic person, period. He was one of those players that just loved to play his sport. It wasn't all about the glamour of being "the greatest". He just loved to play. And when he retired, he still done so much to give back to the sport that he loved. He reminds me of Tom Brady. I mean it's sad when you hear about these QBs making all this money and never even been close to what brady has achieved. But brady does it for the sport that he loves. He also reminded me of Jimmie Johnson. Nascar basically changed the rules year and year out to stop him from winning championships. And if not for old age, and ever changing rules, Jimmie definitely would've had his 8th championship. All in all, RIP Kobe. You're one of the greatest ever.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bryant was never convicted of anything as a matter of fact the case never went to trial and charges were dropped. Neither I nor you know what happened. In our country you are considered innocent til proven guilty. The case was settled out of court as many high dollar athletes and business men often do when women claim stuff. Doesn't mean nothing happened, but only God, Kobe and that woman know the truth. And I was never a fan of Kobe's.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA was recruiting south Florida well before Coley and they will recruit south Florida well now that Coley has moved on!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm with you @ShoottheHooch. Coley was a big reason, perhaps the major reason, why we recruited South Florida well of late, but I think we did fairly well in that area before he came aboard. Folks like Sony Michel and (maybe) Deandre Baker either signed or showed major interest in UGA before Coley. And I thought we had a kicker come through from down there. And by now, kids from South Florida ought to be able to see the success that kids from down there are having at UGA and want to follow suit. Time will tell. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA will send Luke out and even Monken and bring home the S. Florida boys!!!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hated to see Kobe's 13 yr old daughter die in that crash and her little friend. Very sad.

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

And... once again the sky is fallen. Chicken Little lives, yet the sky isn't affected. Little Chickens come and go through the years, yet the sky hangs high - unchanged.

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Guys like The Human Joy Stick and Sonny Michael never played at UGA ?

I sure think they showed up long before Coley and other will come long after he is gone