Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Broderick Jones: Did his official visit solidify his commitment?

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageBroderick Jones: Did his official visit solidify his commitment?

Did the Broderick Jones official visit strengthen his commitment to Georgia? DawgNation shares what it has learned over the last two days

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I sure hope sticks with us. I just love reading up on him. He seems to me like another Andrew Thomas. He knows his craft well and doesn't get caught up in all the rankings/recruiting. I completely understand why he's taking visits. If I were in his shoes, I'd make 1000% sure also. You just never know. I'm just glad we got all the shuffling done before signing day. Rather than after and then chaos erupts.

• DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sometimes, as much of a fan of my alma mater as am I, this disabled veteran (Agent Orange) tires of the drama. Decide one way or the other and be happy you were blessed to be able to do so. Quit jerking us around. Sit, or get off the pot.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sign with the G!!!!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jones has been my #1 concern since he committed. All I have to say is....you do not want to have to play against this guy....he is major trouble! Capital T. He whiffled his fellow players around at the Under Armour All American. Amazing agility! He is not really tied to the Dawgs. Pittman took care of that !!! I reckon he had a good UGA visit. He KNOWS he's the best! Smart better pursue and keep pursuing!

• ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Cannot take anything for granted but he is a Dawg! Think he is just enjoying the ride.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jones is perfect for Luke's desire for the OL to be more athletic. The only thing the snake oil salesman over on the plains can offer that Kirby can't is nine to twelve losses over the next three years. As far as Arky, with or without Jones, Pittman will struggle to get to .500. Not making it to bowl games means the loss of 20+ practices per year that Jones will not have to develop his craft to get to the next level. Commit to the "G"!

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Commit to The G Young Man !!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm rolling with you @DawgOn. I know our views are unpopular with most of Dawg Nation but oh well, if it was about popularity, our political scene would be totally different. I have never been, nor will ever be, recruited at the level of Broderick Jones. However, I just don't believe that it is THIS difficult for THIS prospect to make his college decision. I mean, he didn't just get presented with these options a week ago. He knows all of these schools, and their coaches (even Coach Luke) pretty well. And he was committed to UGA until Pittman left. Now it's back to square 1? I'm not buying it.

One week before NSD, he's still publicly committed to UGA but he's not shutting things down so that he can get in that all-important Auburn visit? The question has to be at this point, what is he waiting to see? Does he wonder if Auburn or Arkansas have better academics? Clearly they don't. Is he wondering which school will set him up better for the NFL? Does it matter? As talented as everyone says Jones is, it wouldn't matter if he played for Athens Tech, he'd still be drafted. Is he comparing the social life or the food? I'm sure Athens has got his other top contenders beat there, too. Is he looking to play for a conference or national championship contender? Well, UGA checks both boxes with ease.

And he already knows that Athens is closer to his hometown than either Auburn, AL or Fayetville, AK and that's not going to change. He knows whether he likes Red and Black or Orange and Blue or Maroon and White uniforms. He knows what all the weight rooms look like and he knows all the coaches and all the ways they've told him that they're going to use him. He's well aware of the depth charts and his ability to play right away (again, UGA on top). I guess he doesn't know all the players at every school but I can't believe they all that different. Plus, he already knows a bunch of the top players because they all see each other on the recruiting and all-star game circuit, if they don't play against each other outright.

Maybe he's got his mind made up and had it made up for some time and is just playing us all. I hope he signs with UGA but Feb. 5 just can't get here fast enough. Go Dawgs!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes, but can he leap tall buildings in a single bound?