Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks. Do we know whether it was uploaded or just allowed to expire. I know the speculation/assumption was that it was uploaded but do we know that?

• Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like Darnell Washington lost his 5th star also. These updates rankings are odd

• Options
    AugDawg69AugDawg69 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to be one of those guys but I do agree. All dawg commits went down in the rankings drastically. Also noticed the Bama Bump

• Options
    truepingtrueping Posts: 360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Thank you @Denmen185. Your efforts to help keep us all informed on this forum are greatly appreciated. So, am I correct in interpreting this to say that Zach Evans can still sign a NLI with UGA, IF his original NLI was NOT uploaded to the conference before the end of the 14 day period after it was originally signed?

edit: Once again my hunt and peck typing skills are totally outclassed by @pocoyo. Sorry for my redundancy.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We won't know until Feb 5th. If he signs somewhere it will mean that it was not. It's possible that all the All Star games commits asked to delay so that it was less likely to be known ahead of time.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting, Thanks

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Idk how anyone can watch Gibbs and confidently say he is a top 50 player.

• Options
    dawg723dawg723 Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They know we take over the top spot and wanted to fudge the numbers to make it more interesting at the end given alabama is already at 26 commits.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gibbs had 242 total offensive yards against the 6a champion. It is not inconceivable for someone to think he’ll be better than Milton.

• Options
    JayJay Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Beck is barely rated higher than D'wan Mathis now. Tough year.

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Look at that average kids...best there is. Poor Bama has to have a 5 player head start for that extra point lol.

• Options
    mantis_toboggan69mantis_toboggan69 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For the record, I like Milton more and I was more so responding to those who point to Gibbs’ perceived lack of competition. Simmons and other 247 guys were at the practices and saw a hell of a lot more than any of us could. So I don’t see how you can definitively say that Gibbs looked average.

Also, you have absolutely no way to prove your last statement. It’s an appeal to authority. Not too different to the various fallacies you rightfully call out the various trolls on this board for.

I think the margin between 44th and 88th best prospect is very small and it’s a bit ludicrous to say that one top prospect will 100% (barring injury) be better than another. Thus, I do not believe we should negate these opinions and blindly paint them as being the result of ulterior motives.

This discussion has been closed.