Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Hoop Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Easy there. I tried to engage with you civilly before, and you declined. I honestly don't understand where you're coming from on 99% of your comments. But if you're not posting under false pretenses, and you're a University of Georgia fan, then keep on posting, and don't worry about me. I'll leave you alone. All good m'lady.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah basketball team not very good, glad baseball is about to start.

• Options
    3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

re post again and again....glorified pick up ball.....dude is a hype man not a coach.....went from one extreme to the other.

• Options
    TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same old same old. Different year, same results, different coach, same results. I really thought this was going to be start of something good for UGA basketball. Silly me. Recruits see what is going on, and they are not going to be knocking the door down to play for a team that is getting blown out of a lot of games, and cant even beat the bad teams at home on a consistent basis.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, harsh. Give Crean a break. He has proven he’s a quality coach. It takes a few years to get a balanced roster.

To everyone: This is the start of a new Georgia basketball program. Keep the faith!

• Options
    TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are right and I deserved that. I just get tired of watching this replay over and over. We have talent, and I was not asking to win the NC. I just hoped to see us beat the teams we should and show some consistent growth. We had our chance with a recruit of a lifetime, and I think if we keep playing like this we may go 20 years before we ever see another one.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand where you are coming from—it does SEEM like same ole same ole. It is not. This young team has shown flashes but their size disadvantage hurts. If Clayton had stayed, things might have been a little better.

• Options
    SupraSupra Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Blew a 20 point lead in the last 13 minutes tonight... pretty hard to do.

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

They need some azz chewings and then better job by the coaches. Losing at home against OMiss then blowing 20 point lead tonight SMH !

• Options
    UGAJ0EUGAJ0E Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I dont know why i even care to watch them every year. i get madder watching basketball than i ever do football. its always a comedy of errors, and this year its with the "best player in college"

• Options
    Muxi122Muxi122 Posts: 23 ✭✭✭ Junior

Crean better figure this out or we’re not even going to match our conference win total from last of 2 games. One of the most talented rosters in decades and can’t finish. Just sad.

• Options
    imissmunsonimissmunson Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

When does spring practice start?

• Options
    SupraSupra Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ultimately, 12 points in 13 minutes falls on the coaches. We are reallllllllly bad at running any kind of half court offense.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This team may not win another game..

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard not to be pessimistic about the near future. I sincerely thought this year would be a tournament team. Not having a big man is killing us.

• Options
    tglenn93tglenn93 Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

I don’t care how you slice it that was absolute utter trash... blowing a 20 point lead? Tbh its comical. This team still has no “go to” man when a bucket is really needed. I thought Edwards would be that guy but being flat honest he has not impressed me whatsoever. He plays decent against sub par opponents and ghosts aganist quality. Same ole same ole for the hoop dawgs. Tonights game just reminds me alot of the football dawgs, no killer instinct and ability to close. Pitiful.

• Options
    Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hammonds took one shot in 33 minutes? He might as well have stayed on the bus.

• Options
    BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can we get a complete game? Play hard and smart from buzzer to buzzer.