Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

'Meltdown' in Missouri, Georgia squanders 20-point lead to lose fourth straight

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

image'Meltdown' in Missouri, Georgia squanders 20-point lead to lose fourth straight

Georgia basketball worked hard to build a 20-point lead, but Missouri rallied to get the win and send the Bulldogs to a fourth-straight defeat

Read the full story here

Comments

• David1David1 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times about Georgia basketball...typical. Meltdown doesn’t even come close to describing this debacle.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If I were Edwards, I'd come for another year. Dont know if he's ready for the NBA with his up and down performances as of late. Don't know what's going on. We don't have that leader like we used to, like Maten or Frazier.

• tglenn93tglenn93 Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

There's no way to sugar coat it.. That was a complete utter debacle last night and so typical of UGA basketball. Get a decent lead, play less aggressive and assertive, lose the lead, lose the game. Same ole same ole. No real leader on the floor for this team. Honestly watching a UGA basketball game most of the time is like watching a re-run of the Natty and SEC Champ Games against Bama over the past few years! No killer instinct to close out a game.

I also don't see all the hype Edwards is getting. Yes he is a talented player, but it is obvious he was a big fish in a small pond in HS. He'll play well for a half then ghost for the second, or not show up at all. I know he wont stay- but he would do good to stay another year and develop his game.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

Crean is just going to be like all the other Georgia coaches...He'll coach for two or three more years...get fired....then it will all start up again about how great the new coach is...rinse and repeat

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Previous article: "Georgia Basketball Coach Tom Crean Plans Physical Showing at Missouri." Sigh.

• maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm not giving up on Tom Cream just yet but he's not looking good at all. With the talent that he have, I believe Mark Fox would have won more games. I felt that Mike Bibby or Ron Hunter would have been a better coach to replace Mark Fox.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia was physical -- best job all season of playing through contact and got to the line a bunch -- also was out-rebounding MIzzou decisively at the half.

Bad 7 minute stretch in second half, and Mizzou got hot -- I contend this UGA basketball team isn't done yet, just tough schedule and growing pains.

Oh, and no healthy point guard since 17-point win over Tennessee.

• williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

I have two teams I follow: The Bulldogs and the Hawks. None of the current Georgia players could crack the roster of the Hawks - and they have one of the worst records in the NBA. The Hawks are fun to watch and score a lot of points. The glaring difference is that Collins, Hunter and Reddish play above the rim. Georgia post players are playing below the rim. All those bounce passes have them squatting way below the rim and there's too much traffic. JUMP! Get in the Gym and get that vertical going. Get in the air! You're way below your potential