Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 things from Georgia basketball's perplexing 72-69 loss at Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

image3 things from Georgia basketball's perplexing 72-69 loss at Missouri

Georgia basketball has a lot going on within its young team, but two players stood out for very different reasons in the loss at Missouri on Tuesday

Read the full story here

Comments

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No mention of the one factor that could be the most important-- coaching. Kinds at that age typically don't evolve and become the best versions of themselves by themselves. Crean (and his staff) are surely the biggest influence in the lives of these kids at this very formative stage of their lives. Time for everybody to dig deep. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr. Crean...yes there are many newbies...but it is coaching.....time for UGA to look for another mentor. Thanks for your service.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Ant Man excitement was fun while it lasted.

Who is our next coach going to be?

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tom Crean is a great coach -- 10 new players and an SEC scheduled that started with 6 straight games vs. NCAA tourney programs from a year ago?

Kentucky twice and at Auburn?

Nice win over Tennessee, close call on the road despite missing starting point guard.

My thought: Let's see how this plays out.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can understand that we aren't good. Turning this team around will take time. But just like with the football team this season, I'm surprised that this team never seems to improve, game to game. They are making the same mistakes now that they were at the beginning of the season -- crucial turnovers, spotty (or non-existent) defense, poor interior play, inconsistent outside shooting. (In fact, their best basketball of the year was out in Hawaii in December). It seems the only true basketball player is Edwards and everyone else (except Wheeler at times) is a spectator. I know they are young and new, but outside of Edwards, none of them seem to have high basketball IQs. They make bad passes at the wrong times, they're often out of position on the defensive end, they take ill-advised shots much of the time.

Again, I understand some of that is youth. But by now, somebody should start to be coming around. Again, outside of Edwards, no one has. And when he doesn't produce, we're really sunk.

The most disappointing of all is Hammonds. I thought that as a junior, he would really solidify himself as a decent NBA player this season. But he has regressed to the point that I would be OK with him coming off the bench. He's in a funk and I don't understand why. From the looks of things, this team would be lucky to win 3 SEC games this season. A shame, too, because Edwards will be gone and because we're so awful, it will make other kids who might have considered us, wonder if it's worth it to even spend a year in Athens.

• williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

I wonder if they're lazy or just can't jump?