Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Major Burns: A father's son and a story to read today about a new Bulldog

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageMajor Burns: A father's son and a story to read today about a new Bulldog

Did you know the story of the new Georgia freshman DB Major Burns? The real story? The 2020 signee is already in Athens as a midyear enrollee.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Excellent, Jeff. Major Burns displays the attributes of a winner on and off the field! He will make UGA proud...you can tell. This young man is deeper than football...he has a mission in life....to excel..to become the contributor he was meant to be...family is the narrative here. Thank you, Major, for choosing UGA! Your dad is with you. "Woof, woof, woof!" GO DAWGS!!!

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

God bless you Major Burns. Your Pops had to be a helluva man. You are the evidence that reflects so. I am an inspired fan of yours, not because of the power G you will wear, not because of your athletic ability but more so by your story and the man it has made you.

• bodie79bodie79 Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore

Touching story. His father has the same birthday as my daughter. Shes 12 today. I'll pray for his father and i will cheer for him throughout his career at Ga and beyond!!

• jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm heartbroken for this young man. Major, if you're reading this just know that your dad IS with you and is a DGD just like his son!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Happy Birthday, Dad.

This story brings tears to my eyes but makes my heart glad.

My best to this young man, his family, and his team.

Go, Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know you will do your dad proud, whatever you do in life. Welcome to your new home! Go Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2020

God bless the Burns family. Welcome to the family. Your Dad is proud of you.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

WOW! I wish nothing but the best for this young man and his family. He has a great opportunity to come in and shine with us. Cine proved that Kirby will play the better player and so it's up to Burns as to how of the field he sees this year.