Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

BREAKING: 4-star RB Daijun Edwards has made his college decision

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageBREAKING: 4-star RB Daijun Edwards has made his college decision

Who is going to be the next to commit to Georgia? That answer is now known. Colquitt County RB Daijun Edwards made the decision to commit to the G on Thursday

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah no doubt he is uber talented, but there's only so much drama you can take. But congrats to daijun.

• TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Welcome to Dawg country

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the greatest university and college town in the country! Work hard and look forward to seeing you 'Tween the Hedges!

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Alright, good to see we reeled in a quality 2nd RB. I know some had hopes on another kid.... but there shouldn't be that much difficulty associated with a single player.

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good solid back I understand....not the athleticism of an Evans or Milton....but a sound pick up nonetheless. Glad we're moving on from Evans...just didn't need all that drama and uncertainty for a RB. Time to finish the drill with Jones and Van Pran plus another commit or two and finish this elite class with a #1 or #2 ranking. Nice work CKA and team! Let's turn all this talent into natty please or Dawgnation is gonna get restless eventually!!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is great news! The kids from south GA play hard because they see football as a way to success (my dad is from south GA BTW, and I love that part of the state).

So glad we got him! Hard work and motivation > drama!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Evans would've been a huge gamble, 50/50 chance he would be there two years from now.

Daijun looks like a solid player. Glad UGA got him.

• ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • GABirdDAWG69GABirdDAWG69 Posts: 19 ✭ Freshman

Great pickup, he's got some great moves and love that he can catch the ball and from my old High School to boot! Love seeing those South GA boys head to Athens!

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since Ga only has 23 spots, does this mean there is only room for 1 o-lineman? But still a great get. I wonder what Jeff Sentell is hearing about Jones and Van Pran.

Go Dawgs.

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • saldivensaldiven Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not sure I understand. UGA currently has six recruits on the offensive line for 2020 (4 signees and 2 commits).

• CTDawgFanCTDawgFan Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Im originally from Moultrie. Played football/baseball there from Kindergarten thru High School and I keep up with Packer athletics still, even though I dont live there anymore. Ive watched Daijun play for the last 3 years and as much as this may seem like a second choice (compared to the other back UGA courted), this kid is a very tough tackle. Very Tough! He reminds me of Brian Herrien a lot in his work ethic and toughness. And he has above average hands for a back! So happy for him and for DawgNation! And its about time CKS looked at the kids in Moultrie. Its one of the best talent beds in the state! There is a Junior wide receiver that everyone is going to want come this time next year! Brockington is his last name. Look him up CKS!

Go Dawgs

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is 23 the hard number for this class?

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting pearl according to the 247 Composite....UGa first offered Edwards a scholarship during his freshman year (November 2016). He also had offers from Auburn, FSU, UT, Penn State, etc. My gut feeling is he will be a very good back, especially in light of the fact that he has been a highly effective running back in arguably the best region in Georgia. Class 7A in South Georgia is big boy football. Go Dawgs and welcome Daijun to the BullDawg family.

• hiawasseedawg2020hiawasseedawg2020 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

EDWARDS IS A GOOD NAME FOR A BULLDOG RUNNING BACK !!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the DAWG Family Young man! Now, no more about Zach Evans..GoDAWGS!