Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media reacts to Georgia football having No. 1 recruiting class after adding Daijun Edwards

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageSocial media reacts to Georgia football having No. 1 recruiting class after adding Daijun Edwards

Georgia football landed a commitment from 4-star running back Daijun Edwards. He is the second running back in the 2020 class, as he joins Kendall Milton. The latter has already enrolled at Georgia and is ranked as the No. 7 running back in the country and the No. 53 prospect overall. Edwards rates as the No. 21

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Now where is ol dabo when you need him, lol. I'm sure there's loads of negative comments out there.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

This is AWESOME news! However, I will feel a bit more secure in the rankings after everybody signs on the dotted line.

According to 247 Sports here are the Dawgs recruiting national rankings for the last 5 years:

2016-#6

2017-#3

2018-#1

2019-#2

2020-#1 (* assumes all expected players sign Wed)

Folks, CKS and the staff have done a tremendous job recruiting. You can't do much better on the recruiting end. However, we have only made the playoffs ONE time. SO it comes down to player development, coaching, and a little luck.

Is this the year we FINALLY finish the drill with a new explosive QB and a new offensive scheme ???

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Edwards is the 5th scholarship back and is a power running back. Boasts 4413 rushing yds...821 receiving yds and 64-66 TDs. Very versatile back. Explosive power back from vaunted Colquitt County a haven for UGA players. This kid will pair with Kendall Milton very nicely. Puts Dawgs 247 ranking #1. Wow! GO DAWGS!!!! As Kirby tweeted!!!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to all the puppy Dawgs in this recruiting class. And what a class it is! If we keep recruiting like this, we'll soon be known as Championship U! I wouldn't mind that, would y'all? 😁

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Way to go Daijun. I spoke with Daijun last week and really got the feeling Georgia had a good shot. Prior to that I thought he was all Florida State. Rush Prospt told me last year after he was dismissed at Colquitt that Daijun was one of the best running backs he ever Coached and with the rating he had, he was still very underrated. Daijun career at Colquitt was much like how it is a Georgia, the carries get spread out over many quality backs. So when you consider over 5,000 yards of offense out of Edwards, that’s impressive for a guy who shared a lot of snaps.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Zach Evans is a head case. The Dawgs don't need a prima donna like him on the team, he would be a cancer to team chemistry. I am glad we got another home grown GA talent to tote the rock between the hedges! Welcome Mr. Edwards! Can't wait to see you in Red and Black.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

If it will get us to 15-0 I am all for being #1 in recruiting...otherwise.......BTW, another small back...I'd rather have Evans

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very impressive stats. RBU continues the legacy. Welcome Edwards!

I wish people would stop making assumptions about Evans. You don't know the whole story. Grown men slinging mud at a teenager is unbecoming at best.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wish the young man well. But I can’t shake the feeling that we will be haunted by the ZE decision for the next few years. Time will tell.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If this Edwards is similar in another RB named Edwards, first name Robert, then UGA is getting a true Gem.