Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Trent Thompson

aaronaaron Posts: 21 ✭✭ Sophomore

What is going on with Trent Thompson these days? Looks like he’s been on a bunch of teams only for a few days. He was a great player at UGA so seems surprising. I hope he’s ok.

Comments

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Seemed like great potential for sure.... Good player in my eyes, but maybe not great (not a dig) Still wished he would have not left early

Have no idea about him but happy to hear he is still fighting for a chance

• Options
    beanutputterbeanutputter Posts: 45 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think about that kid a lot and look him up on occasion. His time at UGA ended strangely and to early. He left to early and suffered the consequences. Really enjoyed watching him, wish him the best.

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

His body broke down on him. That's the reason he tried to go ahead and jump to the NFL to make some money while he could. But...too late.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Psychological problems

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

Speculation or do you have any verification of this? Please link if you you do. Would be interesting to see.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Making a comment about anyone in this way is inappropriate. You have no idea that’s true, and, if true, what good comes from slandering the guy that way?

• Options

Trenton Thompson has a mental illness. I'm stating a fact, not disparaging someone.

This is not ground breaking news.

I don't have an article, but I know this to be true from a personal source of mine.

• Options

I left it ambiguous for a specific freaking reason too.

I'm a big fan of Trenton Thompson, and I was really hoping he'd do well for himself and his family when he went to Cleveland.

That didn't happen unfortunately.

I hope he does well in the XFL, but personally I'd rather he quit football entirely. I don't think football is a great game for adults not in the NFL, and this is bc of brain trauma. Either way, I'm a TT fan and I'm not talking bad about him by saying any of this.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

Not a good look just because someone told you so @Polynikes if true it is a violation of HIPPA, best to let this go....

• Options

You don't understand HIPAA, and this is no different than when Dawgnation published an article that TT was hospitalized for medication side effects in 2017.

Combination of mental illness (which is not a personal attack in any way) and physical injuries did TT in with regard to his football career after being the best player in HS in the entire nation.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's only a violation of HIPAA if Poly had direct medical care over Trent (or perhaps his source) and then came in here and spoke about it. It doesn't cover civilian and family gossip.

And frankly I think it's relevant to the topic. We are discussing what happened to TT and his career. Because during his freshmen year he looked to be a 1st round draft pick. He took a far more drastic and unfortunate decline then the average player does. There is lots of speculation as to why. But there's also a lot of intrigue as to why because he was a bit of an anomaly. For me, I'd gather it's a combination of mental and physical stress and complications. Obviously it wasn't to devastating since he's still attempting to play football professionally. But it was enough to derail a very promising career.

• Options
    Jhorne2000Jhorne2000 Posts: 174 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good grief , give @Polynikes a break.

internet forum liability , really ? Should we have our lawyers approve each post we make ?

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not civil liability (it’s not just a legal term).

I like Poly. I think Poly is a fine contributor. I don’t think Poly is a bad person. And I am not affiliated in any way with the DawgNation Justice Department.