Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Jake Fromm 'never prayed about anything harder' than before NFL decision

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageJake Fromm 'never prayed about anything harder' than before NFL decision

Former UGA quarterback Jake Fromm made the media rounds at Super Bowl 54 on Thursday. Fromm has kept a low profile since earlier this month, when he announced that he was forgoing his senior season at UGA for the NFL draft. Fromm opened up a little more about his decision on Thursday. “It was a tough one,” said Fromm

Read the full story here

Comments

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Gonna miss that kid!

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let’s be honest, what’s he supposed to say? “Hey, I’ve seen enough of that college town. I’m more than ready to make millions of dollars playing professionally. Easy decision. No-brainer.”

There is absolutely nothing in it for him to say this, even if it’s the truth.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I dunno, something rubs me the wrong way with prayer being tied to a money making decision. Look, it's fine - I have no hard feelings and hope he does well in the NFL. But don't bring prayer into it. Just say it was a very difficult decision.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great player and an even greater young man. He gave UGa 100% effort in every practice, game and to his community. Thanks Jake and I wish you the absolute best. Go Dawgs and go Fromm!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No a lot for Jake to be gained by coming back with losing so many starting linemen gone, his blindside protection gone, Cager his go-to guy gone and his TE and star RB gone. On top of that a new offense to learn and new receivers to break in. And then what if he gets hurt because his young OL can't protect him? Would any of you chip in to make up his financial loss? Do you have the resources and the compassion if that happened? Don't think so.

I say all of that with one disclaimer, it made no sense for Jake to come back unless he could move up significantly in the draft. He must have it on good authority that he will be drafted at least in the 2nd round. And he would not likely be a 1st rounder next year based on his skill set. In other words you are a second round guy at best , either year. If you were to get hurt though, then who knows.

Bird in hand worth two in the bush.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We wish Jake from State Fromm nothing but the best. Keep Christ in your life, don't let others decide for you!

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe Fromm should pray that God will give him the skills necessary to throw an accurate pass and not to take sacks.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

I used to call him Aaron Murray 2.0. but must update that to Tim Tebow 2.0, Hopefully, he can waste the Patriots 1st round pick and throw a miracle pass to win a playoff game, with the help of the Almighty.