Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Will Shipley: He's defined better by a letter than his 5-star rating

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageWill Shipley: He's defined better by a letter than his 5-star rating

Want to attack every day with the latest UGA recruiting info? That’s what the Intel brings. The play today calls for a chance to get to know 5-star junior RB Will Shipley.  Will Shipley, the 5-star RB in North Carolina, is a priority for all the elite Power 5 schools in the 2021 class. That will certainly include the

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commit to the G!!!!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shipley sounds like the kind of young man that Kirby really wants in his program. High character and a great athlete.

I'm glad to hear he's really interested in UGA. Been watching his 247 profile, and it doen't read that way. Looks like that's in need of an update.

I hope he comes to another game at Sanford stadium, and for a game against a rival team. The atmosphere gets better when it's not raining, and it's against a true rival.

• oddsbodkinoddsbodkin Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let's hope we can get him to Georgia.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Character and talent. Now that's a potential DGD.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

sign him up. NC has been very good to us.

• Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Reminds me of “Gliding Glenn Harrison”.......that’s a long way back!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I've been hearing of this kid for a couple of years. My son lives in Weddington and he had two sons who graduated recently from the high school. He sent me a clip of one of his runs and he is spectacular.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We don't hear much about Dell McGee, but he is a very good recruiter as well as coach. He knows talent! Shipley is talented and explosively fast! And he is an academic. Critical criteria at UGA. Dell has a very good chance of delivering this young talent into the UGA room of skilled running backs. RBU!!!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great tape, but needs to gain about 15 pounds for the pounding against SEC defenses. Go Dawgs!

• LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Definitely a DGD if he comes to UGA. Not completely sold on his talent translating to the SEC due to the competition. His "team" is a dominant team in their level of state play, so it is very easy for a RB in a run dominant team to rack up a lot of stats. Notice on most of his TD runs he is untouched thru the def line and LB's, he's got some really good and big Olinemen playing on that team. Kid definitely is an athlete for sure, but wait until you gotta face 300lb d linemen in ur face as soon as u get the handoff. Much different game for him then, but i hope he does come to UGA cuz he's a great Kid.

• PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Awesome recruit and has his head on right where his team mates come first. Kirby and Dell need to get this young man and have him follow in the steps of other North Carolina backs that have graced UGA with their skills and character.