Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

SEC delivers record $44 million payout to UGA, others

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageSEC delivers record $44 million payout to UGA, others

Money is falling from the sky in the SEC, and UGA will obviously benefit. On Thursday, SEC commissioner Greg Sankey announced that the league distributed a record $651 million in revenue to its 14 members, or an average payout of $44.6 million per school, for 2018-2019. That’s up from $627.1 million total and $43.1

Read the full story here

Comments

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

Here's the thing that we need to seriously consider here....Why should Arkansas, Vandy and South Carolina get the same amount of money as Georgia, Alabama and LSU...It's my opinion that out of this 651 million these three schools were responsible for 400 million of that.....

It's my understand that the SEC contact comes up for renewal in a year or two....Teams like Georgia, Alabama, LSU...even Auburn, Florida and Texas A&M are going to have to make some decisions....Is being in the SEC worth receiving only 50 mill a year...or could be it's time to negotiate your own contract and getting maybe 250 mill a year......

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess SEC levels the playing field when distributing awards cash. For now, I would take the $44 mil. Big ten gets more than $50mil. each. ACC $29 mil. each. There is argument for both sides. Each college has different sports program strengths. I do not know the SEC's criteria for monies distribution.