Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: Elite recruit hints at interesting change for UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football podcast: Elite recruit hints at interesting change for UGA

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for Georgia Bulldogs fans. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest

Read the full story here

Comments

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Yes, with all of the talk of our OL last year, I saw things - when pointed out by others - that showed our big guys just couldn't make the agile moves that were needed to be successful.

I didn't watch Ole Miss much last year, but what I saw was impressive with Plumlee. I know he's fast, but it looked like the Ole Miss OL had to work with him. The holes he ran through were impressive.

As we look to have a more mobile QB (no offense to Fromm...we couldn't afford to lose him due to injury), Luke's results at Ole Miss make me feel good with our recruits.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

May we all get a nice surprise February 5th. UGA needs to finalize the two commits for the OL. Anything else is just smooth gravy ladled over garlic mashed potatoes. GO Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just put the current guys on a slightly different diet and conditioning program and they will become "more agile." Personally, I don't get too excited about guys that block and push until they show they can't. We had an all world line last year, lost most of them before the bowl; yet, we steal beat the seventh best team in the nation. IMO, the DL is far more important than the OL.

Do what you need to do Matt Luke.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Even UGA realized this past season that BIG offensive Guards are not the future of SEC football. Yes you want the tall tackles with quickness and agility, but the days of pulling giant guards to run over people are much less effective with the speed defenses possess now, why take on a BIG OL when you can just run around him cuz he's slow as shyt? Giant 330 and 340 lb OL make for a slow offense. You only need to"delay" a defensive player rather than "beat" him at the point of attack for offenses to be successful. UGA will adapt, as seen already by the hiring of coach Luke and the change in recruiting tactics this year, and regain their offensive prowess from the last few years, only in a slightly different manner.

GO DAWGS!!!