Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida columnist believes Gators will break UGA's stranglehold on SEC East, perhaps win national ti

SystemSystem Posts: 10,536 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageFlorida columnist believes Gators will break UGA's stranglehold on SEC East, perhaps win national title

One of the most interesting topics of the offseason has been the ever-growing confidence by the Florida Gators about winning the SEC East. Under UGA coach Kirby Smart, the Bulldogs have reeled off three SEC East championships in a row after three straight wins overs over the Gators. Apparently that streak will end

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA-49 Florida 17

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Didn’t they finish strong in 2018 and didn’t we hear the same crap last off-season? Our defense held them to 17 points last year and it will be better this year. Let’s see what these “experts” think after all of the spring games are finished.

Dawgs 35-10

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suspect despite all of the frenzied gator talk Coach Smart will have the Dawgs ready to play.

Dawgs 34 - Dirty Stinking Gators 17

• Options
    Rather_B_FishingRather_B_Fishing Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes, the Dawgs will pull it out.....28-14. Getting by Bama first is another story. Kirby will break the curse this time.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm not sure where this article wants to take us....I'm sure a lot of Florida people think they will take the east this year....You will find Tennessee people saying they are going to take it......

• Options
    Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

Riiiight. And Finebaum predicts Bama will win it all every year. Homers gonna be homers.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, I suppose the NCAA has ruled in favor of Mullen's request of allowing the players' mommas come into the locker room to dress their children in Jacksonville this year. After the mess the Florida coaches made dressing the team last year where none of the Gators were wearing the same play indicator wristbands and didn't remedy the problem for almost a full quarter, Mullen is desperate for momma to do his job.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This homer moron has been saying the same thing for three years now. The talent gap continues to widen, and Kirby has invested heavily in offensive philosophy this offseason.

Georgia 38 Florida 21

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I sold some old gym equipment to a guy wearing Gator Gear today. I joked that he will have to pay double, he laughed and said "I wear it loud and proud." He ended up paying me 33% more than our agreed upon price. I love beating those hated gators at anything.

UGA will make it four in a row this year.

• Options
    AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dawgs will beat Gators by two touchdowns. My concern is Florida’s schedule is so weak they might not lose another game. If we beat Florida and Lise only one SEC game, we win the East....

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida has a schedule advantage for 2020. If Mullen can't take advantage of that, then when will he be able to beat Georgia. The interesting thing about all the Gator talk is it's only putting more pressure on themselves.

Lose to Smart again, and or fail to win the East, and what will the narrative be this time next year?

It may start to feel a lot like a Wile E. Coyote Vs. the Road Runner Cartoon. Mullen can get close, but he just can't quite catch Smart...

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 142 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well Mullen gave a good speech. Of course they will win!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow, just wow! The final score in 2019 made the game look much closer than it really was. The offensive genius who's also a QB whisperer had 3 points going into the 4th quarter. He was down by 13 and a holding penalty away from being down by 20. As a QB whisperer, exactly how was Trask not starting ahead of Franks? They may win a game here or there as we did against them in the 90's and the 2,000's but until the Gators get consistent top 3 recruiting classes 2-3 years in a row, then I'm not concerned about them over taking us. For right now, we still have much more elite talent at all positions especially in the trenches. We were missing 3 starters on the O-line and handled one of the best defenses in the Nation in the Sugar Bowl. We lost 4 receivers to the NFL and still won the East with very little consistent offensive production. There's no way we're not better on offense in 2020 while being just as good defensively which really was the Gators problem in dealing with us. One last thing, let's stop being afraid of Bama's reputation. They have more questions coming into 2020 than we do. They should be just as concerned about the 3rd Saturday in September as we are. In the words of Bart Scott, CAN'T WAIT!