Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The other big questions Georgia football faces entering the 2020 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,491 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageThe other big questions Georgia football faces entering the 2020 season

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. The other big questions surrounding Georgia football entering the 2020 season By this point, everyone is well

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good article...How about some Special Teams love?

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

how about who is going to replace Hot Rod? He was pretty much automatic and now must be replaced.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Connor - you forgot about special teams. We've gotten comfortable with the consistency of Spec's kick offs, and our good coverage teams but it's no guarantee for the future.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The big question?

Can we reload instead of rebuild?

I think maybe we can but we won't know for sure for a few minutes.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great point. Even Kirby was highly disappointed in the line performance. If you rewatch the sugar bowl, Kirby blew up on them for their lack of ability to gain “ one*%}{^+% ‘n yard.” It was before the first or second field goal.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

All this talk about Monken....Kirby is the head coach...and lets be honest...I felt coaching was a serious problem last year...Kirby needs to step up.....also RBs? White and Cook will start the season.......I think there is a good chance that Milton and Edwards ends it

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No coach ever got so little, out of men, so big. What good are 5 star recruits if you can't coach them up. I'm not sad Pittman is gone. A great OL doesn't just produce 60 something yards rushing in the SEC title game. Seriously? Running back U? Hardly. I believe Luke will do better with less.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully Blaylock heals quickly but we all know that he isn't going to be as good as he was for awhile. Patience.

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't forget about Robinson, Landers, Bush, etc. These WR's may not have looked as good as they are because of the offensive system they were stuck in. 2020 we will see if they can help carry this new offense.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good article and well written Connor. Lots of good info. I’m really excited to see what this offense can do this season. I feel Lanning and defensive coaching staff have proven they will coach their unit up. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

VenomGA wonders who will kick for UGA now that Hot Rod is gone? I noticed a kicker named Jared Zirkel out of Kerrville,TX signed on. He is rated #5 in nation. Tremendous leg and accurate! Has won many national field-goal kicking competitions...longest kick through uprights is 61 yds. The video proves him to be very, very good! He will be a credible replacement for Hot Rod.....but no, it is not the same!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tramel Walthour and Devonte Wyatt left the team?

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just like an offensive system doesn't make your QB more accurate, right??

See: Joe Burrow.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2020

Easy catches have nothing to do with an offensive system.. That falls on the players inability to make a play. Only 1 WR showed the ability to gain separation from DB's, and make catches..and it wasn't Robertson, Landers or Bush. Pickens had no trouble shining at times, unlike those 3 listed. So, how did Pickens do that in a system that others can't do it in? And.. Doesn't help the accuracy of your QB when an experienced WR runs the incorrect route..

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No football until September 07, 2020. Go Dawgs!