Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Speedy WR Ladd McConkey has made his college decision

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Andy Isabella was 5'9' 174 his senior year in high school. It worked out nicely for him. This Ladd kid will add 10 lbs. of muscle by the fall. Mecole Hardman is minuscule.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome young Ladd! Another fleet-footed receiver. UGA will pack on the muscle pounds for Him. He will be just fine.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Old School= Defense wins Championships

New School= Offense wins Championships

LSU won the National Title by having the best offense in the nation this year, bar none. Kansas City Chiefs won this years Super Bowl by having one of the best offenses if not the best in the NFL. They were down by double digits in all their play off games and came back to win every one, including the Super Bowl.

Let's go Kirby open up the offense! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2020

How does this effect the recruitment of Jones and Van Pran? Seems like the class is full now. If they had already loss them 2, then good decision. But if they hadn't, then why would you take a small receiver over a possible large and powerful o-lineman? Just confused, I guess. But I am reading the comments from BA and Sentell, they say GA only has 23 spots, and now it seems maxed. Is there going to be some blue shirts? More info would be nice.

BTW- isn't that what Arian Smith was brought in to be? Who is bigger, just as fast, and a higher rated recruit. So my question is why? Just wondering.

• Options
    GoodGameGoodGame Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Devonta Smith is only 175#, and he's done alright. He will get some weight on for sure. I saw a few of the hits he put on guys as a corner and he punches above his weight for sure.

• Options

Aren't Jones and SVPG already counted in the 23 since they are commitments? There are 6 enrolled, 13 signed, and 4 hard commits.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't know. That is what I was looking for confirmation on. I hope so. I know those 2 are commits, but who are the other 2 "hard commits"?

• Options

Edwards and McConkey are the other two hard commits. They are all counted in the 23 number already. I'm not well versed in all of the 'strategies' to making the numbers work but there are possibilities out there to shift numbers between years.