Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

South Carolina's Will Muschamp heaps the praise on new UGA recruit

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageSouth Carolina's Will Muschamp heaps the praise on new UGA recruit

It’s very rare when a college coach talks about a kid who is headed to a rival school on signing day, but that’s where South Carolina coach Will Muschamp found himself on Wednesday. Of course, Muschamp was talking about his son, Jackson, the quarterback from Columbia, S.C., that will be joining UGA’s football team as

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As if Muschamp will say his son doesn't stand a chance at playing. Never cared for muschamp, even as a player, but props for supporting his son as any good dad does..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the Bulldawg Nation!!!!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You know there is a beat down coming next year in Columbia it's going to get **** real fast

• Options

I sure hope so, DAWGS struggle at times in Columbia,SC. Jump on em early, keep taking it to em, and take the crowd out of it. I can't stand to hear that rooster crowing after a score by the lamecocks..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still seems odd to me. I mean, I get the kid may love UGA. Maybe. But why go to a school that could have a major hand in ushering your father out of a job. I mean, there are LOTS of schools he could have gone to that other than USC and UGA. And, wasn't he going to get a full ride at Colorado State just a week ago? He wasn't walking on there. What happened with that? Most kids don't just turn down free money.

• Options
    Dawg4lyfDawg4lyf Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think cost of admission is an issue for the Muschamp family. He needed to go where he wanted to go...not to the place that helped his dad's career path. If he was born to be a Dawg, he needs to be a Dawg and his dad has to worry about his own job.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whatever. It still seems odd to me. We blast other kids for not keeping their commitments. Same goes for him. If he's a walkon, he could have done that from the get-go and never talked about going all the way over to Colorado State. And no one is "born" to be anything. It's a choice.

• Options
    edited February 2020

Probably a closet lamecock fan voting down posts HAHAHA..cant blame them, I wouldn't admit I was carolina fan either 😆

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Derek Dooley went to UVA (and Barbara had some hilarious quote about Vince). Mark Richt’s son, who I think most folks felt was never going to see any real playing time, went to Clemson (for a year). If my dad were earning millions of dollars as a coach I think I might consider being on the scout team at a major program as a way to try to break into the profession. A good number of the coordinators and position coaches will make more than a good number of doctors and lawyers.