Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Retiring referee admits they blew Tyler Simmons call in national championship game

2»

Comments

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Unfortunately mistakes made by refs are part of the game but more unfortunately is that this mistake most likely cost us the national championship. Momentum would have stayed on our side. Defense would have been fresher, Most likely more points would have been on the board and in 2017 I think the Dawgs were number 1 in the nation in scoring touchdowns while in the red zone.

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

He is saying the play should have been whistled dead, Bamba penalized five yards and then they would have punted. So it would really not have affected the outcome.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

With ANY national title win, there is luck that accompanies it. Alabama has had alot of luck during each and every one of their titles. Luck comes in the form of staying healthy, getting the calls, and the ball bouncing your way. Hopefully, Georgia will begin to get its share too. I remember the 1980 championship season and we had alot of it back then.

• Options
    MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

I don't necessarily believe in conspiracy theory stuff, but when things like this happen, and so blatantly one sided, it makes one wonder.

• Options
    TransplantedDawgTransplantedDawg Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

The call itself was terrible but what you can’t account for is the momentum factor that comes with it- that was a huge emotional swing for Alabama- that’s why it’s so important to get it right AT THE TIME- who cares about admitting it now- and really, why bother? I guess he feels he is clearing his conscience.

We just need to GATA! Go DAWGS!!

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Wow....throw some salt on us while your at it bro!! We all KNOW you blew the **** call....wait...we all know you CHOSE not to call many many penalties, and the fact that you can even remember a play where you did NOT call a penalty on bama that was clearly there makes me even more convinced the game was flat out STOLEN from UGA in that stadium that night. It's obvious he was trying to backtrack with that statement about the blocking backs moving so the blocked punt wouldnt have happened anyway due to a bama false start, but in essence he is clearly showing his hand and his way of thinking that night. No matter what that blocked punt was not going to stand, it was either a offsides or a false start because they could NOT ALLOW that blocked punt to stand. Way to big of a hole to dig out of then. So began the comeback and all the horrendous calls for the remainder of that game. So I truly do understand now that it was an inside job and he and his family will be well taken care of when he retires....oh wait he just did that ......aw ****!! bastards...

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who cares

That was so yesterday and its over and done with

I look forward to tomorrow and never to what might have been

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

So he's admitting what everyone already knew. The fact they have instant reply, there is no excuse. Instant reply should be used for all such penalties, it just doesn't make sense not to when the technology is there.