Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Why the hype for Georgia football-Alabama will surpass Georgia-Notre Dame

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageWhy the hype for Georgia football-Alabama will surpass Georgia-Notre Dame

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.  Georgia football game against Alabama already drawing hype for 2020 season Few Georgia regular-season games

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScooterpoopScooterpoop Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

By all means, let’s ‘exercise’ the demons. Need everybody in shape for September 19. We’ll be ‘chomping’ at the bit to run that ‘gauntlet’.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol!! Beat me to it Scooterpoop! Was going to say “now we need demons” to beat Alabama. Good grief Connor, it’s exorcise. Ummm, maybe, I don’t know. I guess maybe that heading makes sense? Go Dawgs

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What is the proper "exercise" for a demon? Is it likely to pull a hamstring? Should it be strength or cardio?

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Truth be told, we are exercising one demon as we speak, Newman. Who will hopefully go into Tuscaloosa and put a stamp on his heisman campaign. But yes, it's exorcise. And I can already imagine Smart all week leading up to this game. 🙈🙉🙊

• Options

And on another piece of news, why no mention of mel tucker accepting the quicksand job at michigan state? We should be worried that he will come plucking. Especially after our defensive assistant positions.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2020

Unbelievable Tucker took that job.. Not a wise decision. michigan state fans are worse than michigan wolverine fans, and thats not easy to accomplish.

• Options

Yeah with all the lawsuits and stuff going on, there's no way a normal coach would take that job. I wouldn't. You're just asking for trouble.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2020

I agree 100%, with all that's happened there the past few years, I'd avoid east Lansing at all costs. Talk about the captain going down with the ship, a prime example. After 2 mediocre seasons, the University will be searching for a new HC, again. Best of luck in that frozen wasteland Mr. Tucker

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It will be an intriguing match up. You have to give Alabama the advantage at this point, it's in their house, and they return more proven receivers, and a QB with experience. Georgia will still be trying to settle into a new QB, somewhat new scheme, and with several new or unproven receivers. I would like the Dawg's chances a lot more if the game came in the second half of the season.

I do feel Georgia has one thing working in their favor. Alabama will be favored. They have taken a step back in recent years, and I'm not the only one who sees it that way. Lose this game, and it just furthers that narrative. I think Saban and Alabama feels more pressure.

This game may set up like some of those Saban vs. Malzahn match-ups, where Saban seems to get too hyped and seemingly loses a step or two...

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And where will UGA be rated if we beat BAMA? Just sayin.

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great way to get us a little payback on bama by going into their house and beating them. Almost ending their season alreay in just week 3 of the season! OOHWEEE I cant wait for this game! Def gonna be 2 top 5 teams facing off also. UGA might start out outside the top 5...MIGHT..and if so it would be 6 most likely to start with but after we crush Virginia in the season opening game then they will slide us up a couple notches. They will want to see if our offense with Monken and newman running the show is going to be good, great, or suckass. Once they see us crush them in the opener 45-9 they'll know we got a reaat offense to pair with our defense. And that defense is going to be very very special this coming season.....very special indeed! So much young talent returning with experience under their belts now is going to be stupendously wonderful to watch every week! This is the season we return to the playoffs and stay there just about every season that CKS is there as HC. Don't believe me?.....Just watch

GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of course Bama would be a MUCH bigger game than ND due to the fact CKS has lost twice to Saban and Bama is THE SEC powerhouse most years. There is simply no comparison - not even Florida or LSU.

IF Kirby wants to join the ranks of the elites then he MUST beat Bama in 2020. There can be no excuses. If we fail to beat Bama and CKS goes 0-3 against them then our post-season goal may certainly not be achieved. Beat Bama in THEIR house and it sends a clear message to the college football universe.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"allow the Bulldogs to exercise a lot of demons."

I know there's a joke somewhere in there about the number of defensive players that see the field at Georgia, but I have to get back to work.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Win or lose in Tuscaloosa we will likely face Bama twice next year. Fun question: if we only win 1 of those 2 possible encounters, would you want to win in the 3rd week of the season or in the SEC CG? My vote is for the latter assuming we run the table and arrive at the CG with an 11-1 record. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If UGA loses to Bama again, I am reminded of author John Donne's funeral quote: "For whom the bell tolls...it tolls for thee."....UGA! Simplistic approach, yes...but truth in it. This has got to be UGA's year of the Dawg over in Saban's lair. Bama is vulnerable as we have seen. Rated lower than UGA this past season. Time to strike and hard! Both are introducing new starting QBs. Saban was heard whining about Bama's ranking below UGA earlier during the final recruiting process. He is rankled now.....so let's get it together with the tour de force UGA has assembled and give Saban something more to whine about right in his own back yard.....GO DAWGS!!! YOU CAN DO THIS THING!!!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not if, but when will a Saban assistant beat him. !9-0, I pray it won't be 20-0.