Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The Atlanta Falcons could make many UGA fans happy by drafting D’Andre Swift

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageThe Atlanta Falcons could make many UGA fans happy by drafting D’Andre Swift

Georgia fans don’t just live in Georgia. There are strongholds of UGA fans in every major city in America as well as most countries across the world. However, a lot of them do call them do call The Peach State home, and when they’re done cheering on the Bulldogs on Saturdays, some wake up the next day and root for

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGAThomasBrownUGAThomasBrown Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

The falcons are not drafting D’Andre Swift who is injured.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Never discount the Falcons' ability to draft a guy like Jammi German when a future Hall-of-Famer like Hines Ward is available.

The Falcons GO OUT OF THEIR WAY not to draft Georgia players, which is one of the many reasons I laugh when they lose.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I really could care less who the Falcons draft. Blank made it clear that he is clueless by maintaining the status quo (Dimitroff / Quinn).

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Falcons management is satisfied with being a 2nd tier team.. The norm in atlanta

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't see the Falcons using a first round pick for a running back.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They need to draft a whole new team. The entire Falcons are a joke. Still laugh at the fact that Blank was down on the field basically celebrating only for his team to have a historic collapse. I haven't liked the Falcons since 98 when they played elway and got ran over and thru by none other than, boat load of irony here, A UGA RB. And because of said Falcons, I will not waste my time watching the joke that is the NFL.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Correction: 98 season, 99 super bowl against elway and the broncos.

• Options
    DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Falcons draft a Georgia player? Yeah right. If only they had the marketing savvy to occasionally do that. But they don't, and that's just as well because I hate to see Dawgs go to garbage organizations like the Falcons.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone knows The Falcons do NOT draft UGA players for whatever reason.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haha, yeah right. The Falcons seem to go out of their way to NOT draft UGA players. Incredibly ****.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

i'll believe it when D Swift walks across the stage. The Falcons have done very little to show that they have a competent scouting dept.

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Falcons passed on Hines Ward who was voted 1 of the top 50 Steelers of All Time. If he did that for a much better organization in Pittsburgh, he would've been the best Falcon player all time, hands down. Trading Brett Favre is typical of Falcons management. How did the QB's you kept over Favre work out? Kept Chris Miller, and Billy Joe Tolliver.. 2 future HOF QB's HAHAHA

• Options
    FirstchairtrptFirstchairtrpt Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

The Falcons did draft a Georgia player once. In 1968 they drafted Ray Jeffords, a tight end who played on the UGA BASKETBALL team.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would love to see Swift as a Falcon, but that is absolutely not going to happen. Again, you can take that to the bank.

• Options
    golfdawg24golfdawg24 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

remember when Rodney Hampton was available late in the first round. Everyone thought the Falcons, who had a need at RB would scoop him up. Instead Steve Broussard. Hampton gets a couple of Super Bowl rings and finishes his career as the Giants all time leading rusher. Falcons go out of their way to not draft Georgia guys

• Options
    Texas_DawgTexas_Dawg Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

It's the Falcons! They seem to look every where but UGA! I would like Swift but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

Actually, trading Brett Favre was the right thing at the time. He was a joke as a Falcon, even he admits that. The trade is what woke him up and got him to actually pay attention to becoming a qb instead of becoming an alcoholic. But yeah, the Falcons seem to have something against UGA players. Maybe they are afraid that too much in-home attention will spoil them or something. Just weird to me.

• Options
    edited February 2020

It was definitely an upgrade for Favre.. But he did end up hooked on pain killers, just as bad as alcohol, if not worse. Guess we'll never know the real reason Falcons management continually passes up UGA players. A definite mystery..

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

Expecting the Falcons to do something that would make fans happy is like expecting politicians(of both parties) to show some common sense.