Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Completely off topic but...

dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just watched the eagles.... wow... wow.... like wow

Comments

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's a bucket list item.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2020

They're also on my short list of bands I've never seen. I got to see Tool a few weeks ago and they were crossed off that list.

Yest I know those are very different. I'm ok with that.

(I at least think your talking about the band, if not apologies)

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm guessing everyone on this thread has already seen it, but if not, the documentary on the Eagles from a few years back was fantastic. The one that Clint Eastwood's daughter did? It's like 4 hours long, and covers the full history of the band, with candid interviews and plenty of music. I'm sure it's still available on one of the streaming services if you haven't seen it. As good as it gets for that sort of thing.

-------

Congrats on catching a great show @dawgfantip. Nothing like seeing a great band live. I still remember everything about my road trip from Athens to Charlotte to see the Grateful Dead in 1990, like it was yesterday.

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Going to see Willy Nelson next week

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saw him in Dallas in 2018. Good show. He has the largest ears I think I've ever seen.

• JAXDAWGJAXDAWG Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My all time favorite band. I have seen them multiple times. In 2018 at Miami with Jimmy Buffet leading off was pretty **** cool.

edited February 2020

Oh they were fantastic. You can tell they actually work on their craft of being able to play well because they don't skip a beat. I've always been a somewhat fan, but I absolutely love their newest album. I can't get enough of it.

Going in I knew that the singer, Maynard, doesn't stand out front. He sits on a couple of different darkened stages in the back and to the side. I knew all of this beforehand, but I still found it sort of deflating. It kind of detaches you from the show a little bit if that makes sense. It almost feels like your just standing in a big stadium with a bunch of folks listening to Tool together. But that's my only knock. And I know it's because of intense stage fright/anxiety he gets. But still.... Your a rock star dude, own that s#it.

That documentary is awesome. You'd think watching 4hrs about the story of band would be boring, but it ain't. I love that stuff.

I remember my pilgrimage from Statesboro (my undergrad school) to Athens to see Panic play that free concert in the streets in... 98?, 97? Around that time. One of the best show and times of my life. I still remember at the end of the show they played Ain't Life Grand. As soon as they strummed the first beat the bottom of the sky fell out with rain and everyone just went berserk. Incredible moment.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgfantip, it’s your thread so it cannot be off topic, by definition. Besides, we all need these kinds of threads during the offseason, lest we have Dawg-on-Dawg crime occurring in here.

Bass Player magazine did a feature on Justin Chancellor (bass player for Tool) around the time the new album dropped. Fascinating insight into these guys. They weren’t going to put out an album just to put out an album.

• dawgfantipdawgfantip Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Definitely the band. I also listen to all kinds of music from the 60's to now. Very little now but there are a few artists. Also Vince Gill is touring with them now and i was skeptical, but he fits them as if he had been there all this time. Really surprised me.

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Vince Gill was the headliner, but I was there to see George Jones and Conway Twitty, well mostly Possum, but Gill was good. He's a pretty good guitar player. This was when I lived in Greenville, SC. at the old Greenville Auditorium.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are some hilarious videos on Youtube of Vince Gill at a concert talking about his dad. Ya'll should check them out. Here are a couple of links.

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I loved when the Eagles regrouped in the 90s with Hell Freezes Over. It had that straightforward rocking song that went after the early snowflakes: "I want to find your inner child and kick its little ... get over it ..."