Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football: The ways this No. 1 class is different from previous years

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football: The ways this No. 1 class is different from previous years

Georgia football signed another No. 1 recruiting class. Got it. But how was this year's group different in so many ways than the previous ones built by Kirby Smart?

Read the full story here

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article.

I'd have put that comment in all caps except doing so would be rude. Consider me shouting it from the rooftop.

This is a stellar class of high character, smart, fast, and athletic student-athletes.

Kirby is just getting into his stride.

Go, Dawgs!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great read Jeff! It's good to get a more in depth read on the class. I feel even more confident that this class has the future leadership to take the program over the top...

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great work and thank you Jeff. Hopefully Sanford Stadium will be chanting ‘JZ JZ JZ .....’

• TravDawgTravDawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

WHOA!!!

I'm curious as to the increase percentage allowed for feeding all of these monsters...I would hate to see the food bill to feed this group.

Hopefully UGA budgeted for this or our ticket prices are about to go up.

Wait a second, I forgot about the SEC Network money, We should be good.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These players and this program is now entirely Kirby’s. That is a big deal on many levels: players have bought into how things need to be done and will be passing this along to younger players, loyalty to one head coach (who should be here a long time, by the way), a culture of what it takes to play for championship. This staff and future coaches Kirby hires are not suddenly going to forget how to recruit and should year after year land top three classes. Having a number one class sounds great and it is a big deal, but there is typically not a whole lot of difference between 1st and 3rd’s. You get some, you lose some. Works both ways. All that is needed now is to win a NC and it’s possible 2-3 more could come along in the next decade. Success breeds success and I have no doubt Kirby and staff are well aware of this and will continue to worked their asses off to excel! Great time to be a Dawg fan! Go Dawgs!

• Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

@DogsNotDawgs So, you're saying this team might have 99 problems but a kicker ain't one?

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope we have a very boring but effective off season. last year had too much off the field drama.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bye-Bye- run up the middle on 1st and 2nd down and 3rd and 8 run the ball to be safe!! Hallelujah!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Love this article. Thank you Jefe!

Looking forward to seeing all these freaks do their thing in September and beyond.

Our roster is loaded like never before. It is great to be a Georgia Bulldawg.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great analysis and article Jeff.

So, it appears we filled our offensive needs very well and shored up the defense a bit. You are right - it's as much about the caliber/talent of players that you get as it is their maturity, leadership, and ability to 'gel' into a cohesive unit.

It sounds like we're off to a great start for 2020!

I'm ready for September!! GO DAWGS!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow Jeff, You came at this in a direction I haven't seen before, from anyone. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Thank you Jeff for a great article.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The future's so bright ... Gotta wear shades!!!!

• traildawg51traildawg51 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks Jeff, there was some real meat to this article. It was a great read. I am really psyched for the 2020 season. Go Dawgs!!

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

There's only 1 way to size up the 2020 class... by consolidating all this talent and winning a national championship. UGA now has a top 3, if not top 2 roster in all of college football. Let's get it done!!!

• bnadawgbnadawg Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Great article Jeff. Thanks for writing it.

• AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jeff, this is in the running for your best write up EVER! Thanks a million! If there are any Dawg fans more excited for the future of Georgia football than me, I’d like to see them. GO DAWGS!

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great stuff like always Jeff.

• fatdawgfatdawg Posts: 159 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited February 2020