Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball drops 74-69 battle at Texas A&M, Anthony Edwards limited by illness

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia basketball drops 74-69 battle at Texas A&M, Anthony Edwards limited by illness

Georgia basketball had another tough road loss at Texas A&M, falling just short, as Anthony Edwards was limited in the second half by illness

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yet another blown halftime lead, totally ridiculous. Fired a 17 win coach, hired a 12-14 win coach.. Nice work McGarity the 🤡

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

If the UGA basketball season wasn’t over before now then it’s over now.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

21 turnovers... let that sink in. UGA basketball sucks until this stat gets reduced. Not likely. Street ball. A ship with no rudder.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for the coverage Mike, but would you mind putting a bug in someone's ear at Dawg Nation that we have a top 10 baseball team going for a sweep of Richmond at Foley today.? How about equal coverage of a team that should likely battle for a spot in Omaha? Go Dawgs!

• Options

Totally agree.. If a player is that sick, superstar or not, they should sit. I'm sure AntMan gave it his all, but being less than 100% healthy, and scoring 6 points won't win basketball games in any conference. The blame rests on Creans shoulders for making that decision. If he's such a great coach, why isn't he still at Indiana, or Marquette?

• Options

Nice post ATD.. Numerous articles posted about a weak, 11 win Basketball team, but very few articles on a top 15 Baseball program..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    edited February 2020
  • Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Tom Cream is having a hard time getting his young team to buy in and losing Amanze Ngumezi didn't help him.

I think this guy can coach and I like the fact that he learned from one of the best (Tom Izzo). Assistant coaches hired away from championship programs normally have long term success.

Mike Krzyzewski was hired away from Indiana (Bob Knight), Dean Smith was hired away from Kansas (Phog Allen), Roy Williams was hired away from NC (Dean Smith) and Tom Izzo replaced his boss (Jud Heathcote) at MSU.

I think Cream just need time to teach his team how to play the way his Marquette team played the year they went to the final 4. Not many coaches can do that especially advancing to the final 4 along with 2 sweet sixteen appearances.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Crean is going to get at least one more year minimum. But if next years team is still averaging high double digit turnovers, somewhere along the line the coach has to be held accountable for not demanding, and I do mean demanding, better of his players! Go Dawgs!