Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart on playing Clemson in Charlotte: 'completely new experience'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football coach Kirby Smart on playing Clemson in Charlotte: 'completely new experience'

ATHENS — Georgia football coach Kirby Smart and athletic director Greg McGarity had plenty to say about the Bulldogs adding Clemson to the 2021 schedule on Tuesday. Smart, always an advocate for his players and the UGA fans, pointed to the unique experience the game creates. “This is another great opportunity to

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Definitely getting interesting and stressful. Kudos to McGarity and Kirby for scheduling tough teams. This will be especially helpful if they go to an 8 team playoff. Fortunately we don’t have Clemson on our schedule this year because there is a possibility we could play Bama 3 times. Yep, 3rd game of the season, SEC CG and NC game (if both teams are 12-1 after the SEC CG). Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Too bad the home schedule won't improve until late in the decade.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm somewhere between *Oh, boy!* and "Oh, ****!"

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ShoottheHooch

DITTO......my thoughts exactly. Hopefully the Clemson fans are saying the same. Of course the game vs UGa will be their only tough game of the season. Oooooops.....that was ****. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not a fan of neutral site games.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let’s goooooooooooo!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Smart is taking care of himself as well as he does UGA football. He does not look well in that picture. No Kirby, No Natty. The future of all of UGA athletics is less bright without Smart at the helm.

Lord, please keep CKS and his family in good health!

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

IMO we don't need to play Clemson. Just making it through the SEC is tough enough.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 365 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well it’s not completely new experience. I remember not that many years ago when the Dawgs were playing in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte. My how far we have come since then! I guarantee that there will be more Dawg fans in attendance in the fall of 2021 than ever even though about going to that bowl game. There are also a lot of Bulldogs that live in and around the area. I am sure they will be excited to see us play in their own backyard.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby ain't scared, and we love it. Congrats to ADGM for making this game happen.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

78 Dawg...it is all about branding opportunities with McGarity and now Smart....they get that expanded TV exposure needed for recruiting and alum funding. Strengthens the program (brand). It places your team in a higher tax bracket so to speak. Always top-four ranked Clemson plays say 3rd ranked UGA and then virtually nobody the rest of the season. It helps them as well. 2021 will be an interesting year to say the very least. UGA will be No. 1. Maybe not in 2020 but in 2021 for sure. IMO.