Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

D'Wan Mathis

MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Why has there been no mention on Dawgnation, that I can tell, of D'Wan Mathis being cleared to play? I read that somewhere today, but it wasn't on here.

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Sentell broke the story here and it's been discussed on multiple threads.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2020

From a thread titled "Mathis fully cleared." There's also a thread titled "D'wan Mathis update..."

• MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Thanks for that. I had not seen any articles about it until today when I saw an article somewhere else...can't remember where. Anyway, I'm happy for him. I hope all is well with him and he is able to make huge contributions for the National Champion Georgia Bulldogs! Go Dawgs! To hell with Tech!

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, no change in status for D'Wan. Waiting on that MRI in May.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read the Burton article on TOS and he said he saw some practices with Newman, Mathis, and Beck and it was going to be one heck of a competition.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was announced in many places. It kind of flew under the radar because our fans tend to focus on the new and shiny QB. The grad transfer, Beck, and that Vandergriff kid is on everyone's mind (I may have butchered those names, I'm ok with that in February). Personally, I think that's a mistake. I haven't written off Mathis at all. What little I've seen from him impressed me. He looks sharp, throws sharp, and runs like a freaking deer. That said... doing it on Saturdays is a different kind of thing. So I tend to withhold judgement about QB's probably more so than any other player on the field. There are just to many little things going on that the average fan can't see.

• MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm sure it will be a fun competition to watch. It won't hurt to have a couple of competent and capable QB's on the sideline ready to go into action. Go Dawgs!

• HuckleberryHuckleberry Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With a new offensive coordinator they will all be starting the competition pretty much even. G-day game will be interesting just to get to see how they all play. Mathis was really looking good last year. He is a good athlete. I wonder if he doesn't win the qb competition if he would be open to changing positions? His height and athletic ability would make him a good tight end if he could add some weight.