Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 keys to Georgia coach Kirby Smart hiring Alabama strength coach Scott Cochran

SystemSystem Posts: 11,154 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

image3 keys to Georgia coach Kirby Smart hiring Alabama strength coach Scott Cochran

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart is always looking for ways to improve his program, and hiring Scott Cochran away from Alabama was his latest move

Read the full story here

Comments

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a great hire by smart, and like all other articles I've read, this will only help UGA in recruiting. We'll just have to wait and see if it actually shows up on the field like we want. Yep, that 3rd game hype just went up about 1000 percent.

The only part that lost me in the whole article was rodrigo's field goals misses cost against LSU. Unless he missed 9 field goals I wasn't aware of, that surely wasn't the case.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah I’m with you kylnmeg10. I’m pretty sure a missed field goal was the least of our problems in the SECCG. Go Dawgs!

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby is absolutely amazing! Another home run hire!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anytime you can weaken your main competition and improve yourself, it's a no-brainer!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm glad Ga's going to have a coordinator dedicated to special teams. I think coach Cochran will be able to bring the players together and get them focused and motivated as a unit.

This could be a very important and impactful hire for Kirby Smart...

• ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

I totally agree Mike ! The new coaching additions Kirby has made will be a positive for Our Dawgs in the short term as well as the long term ! Go Kirby Go Dawgs

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike are you kidding us, misses by Blankenship in the SC did end up helping the Dawgs lose to the chickens. I don't see his miss against LSU helping lose the game, except it would have been a 3 point less loss. The Dawgs were TIGER handled in the SEC Championship Game.

• TrippTripp Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Cochran is a fabulous hire as for the mentality he brings to the team. The dude is a super hype injection the second he walks into the room or on the field. Unbelievable intensity. However, I am not super stocked about this hire for one reason, I wanted to beat Alabama when they are at their best with what we build and not by taking away from the Tide. Some will say we got Kirby from Alabama and technically that is correct but, Kirby played at Georgia, coached at Georgia and coached at Valdosta State, well before Saban hired him at LSU. Kirby is a Georgia product. Also, when It’s not Georgia that Alabama is playing, I pull for the Tide.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It wasn't the misses that cost uga against SC. It was the 58 yarder that Kirby didn't let hot rod kick. He kicked a 50+ yarder into the wind earlier in the game. The one he didn't get to kick was with a stiff breeze. Everyone in the stadium was calling for hot rod.

• RollDogRollDog Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

D

Dont be ridiculous. It wasn’t missed FG’s that cost that game. Fromm was TERRIBLE! The OC was TERRIBLE! The OL was TERRIBLE!