Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Florida Gators coach talks tough about Kirby Smart, looming recruiting battles

SystemSystem Posts: 10,701 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageFlorida Gators coach talks tough about Kirby Smart, looming recruiting battles

Here’s one thing you can count on every offseason: The Florida Gators talking smack about UGA, despite the fact that the Bulldogs have won three SEC East championships in a row. This offseason, the war of words between the bitter rivals kicked off with someone else other than Florida coach Dan Mullen. This time, the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

On field action verses off field trash talk - I know which I prefer. Kirby keeps it quiet and lets his players' on field actions make the needed statement concerning UGA. Let 'em talk trash. We will remove it by kicking their butts off of the field in humiliating fashion. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited February 2020

Wait a minute.....This guy wrote an entire article because an assistant coach at Florida made some comments about Florida recruiting better in Florida

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen is a good coach, but that's as far as I'll go. This is a **** move by him/his staff to try and get attention amid the whole Scott Cochran hiring at UGA. He's just one of those coaches that always has to be noticed. Say what they will, UGA will still recruit Florida well. It's hard to outsell a team that has beaten you 3 years in a row, in Florida. Just my opinion.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We hire Scott Cochran and Florida hires...... who?

obviously the gators have the whole little brother complex going here.

go dawgs!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In my 77 years of life, I have found that it is much, much easier to talk about "what I'm gonna' do" than "what I have done". He had better build a really tall fence because he must not have noticed that Kirby is not reluctant to travel by helicopter. This quote from the new gator assistant will be entertaining to revisit after next February national signing day.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a sad Clown Show they have going on over there in Gainesville. Every year they talk smack ... Just to double-down after the Dawgs come home with a victory.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Gators are 'talking' so what's new?

Mullen can't compete with Kirby Smart. Not on the recruiting trail, and not even in his teams home state of Florida.

And, then there's those head to head match-ups that read, Kirby Smart 3 and Mullen 0...

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When Mullen goes 0 for 4 this year against Kirby and once again shut out of the SECCG I’m assuming his backside is going to be hotter than a firecracker. It may even be enough to send him packing. He’s, in a way, Richt 2.0 even though Richt wasn’t so much a clown show as Mullen. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blah, blah, blah.. Another delusional gator..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Gainsville Goobers are a mouthy bunch!

THW FLORIDA!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well. coach Brewster, keep pounding those Florida stakes in the ground all the way to UGA! LOL GO DAWGS!

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Helmets, anyone? Happy Halloween 2020....

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2020

Combine the worst traits of Richt and Spurrier and what you end up with is Mullen.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2020

Oooohhhh...I'm so scared...

By the way, I don't think it was an epic troll on UGA last year.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Harvard of West Gainesville (FL) might consider worrying about out recruiting the other Florida schools. Not that they can't talk about building a fence and such nonsense. Everyone is used to them talking smack. Backing it up is another matter.

Oh, I forgot. Sorry for that. Florida's squad is already composed entirely of 5* players (or is that just the most recent class?) and they have the world's best coaches. Thus, no need to build fences. It doesn't matter where their next class composed entirely of 5* players comes from, right?

Bless their hearts.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spurrier bravado and self infatuation without anything to back it up. In other words, a lot of hot air.