Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Details of Georgia defensive lineman arrest emerge in UGA Police Department field case report

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageDetails of Georgia defensive lineman arrest emerge in UGA Police Department field case report

A Georgia football defensive lineman was arrested on Tuesday night when a warrant was served stemming from a domestic incident that occurred last Friday

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see lots and lots and lots of Stadium Steps in Devonte's future.

• KhunKhaoDawgKhunKhaoDawg Posts: 209 ✭✭✭ Junior

"According to the UGA Police Department, officers responded to a 911 call at 3:12 p.m. last Friday on at McWhorter Hall after a report of a male and female fighting."

On at? Looks like the police reports are as sloppy as your attempt at writing.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like a pretty minor incident to me, but in this day and age something that cannot be tolerated without some kind of punishment. If there was no fear for safety or anything like that then it just seems like an argument that got too heated.

• Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"There'll be no locks or bolts between us Mary Kate....."

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This isn't just a running stands or kick-him-off-the-team sort of thing. The coaches need to work with him to make him understand when aggressiveness is OK and when its not. The team culture feeds that aggressiveness on-field, so coaches have a responsibility if that aggressiveness spills over into off-field life. I'm not saying he shouldn't face some sort of penalty -- and running stands might be part of it. But this is a situation where the attributes the coaches encourage may have spilled over inappropriately. Coaches need to take some ownership here.

• ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

I can understand being charged for damaging the door. What I don't understand is it being listed as family violence for arguing with your girlfriend ? That seems to be strong just for arguing. Was she charged too ? I hope there will be a follow up story on this. Boy if it's going to be family violence every time you get in an argument with a girlfriend or girlfriend or roommate or ex roommate you better stay in the football dorm !

• 78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior

Since when do males and females live together at McWhorter? Man how things have changed since I was there.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

this day and age you can't even raise your voice or give a mean look, not excusing any kind of true violence towards a female, just sayin, these guys ought to know that too. To not know it or to know it and still do something anyway is beyond ****

You censored st$pid???? Really?

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Something is wrong, if a so called family violence incidence occurs on a Friday afternoon at 3:12 PM., an arrest warrant is not issued until the following Monday at 4:40 PM., and the warrant not served until the next day, on a Tuesday at 11:35 AM.. Either there was no danger involved, or someone got more involved later, or one of the parties got vindictive. Prying minds want to know. Wyatt seems like a good D lineman for UGA, but we have lost good players before because of family violence issues. By the way is McWhorter Hall CO-ED living together?

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah reddawg1 they censor s$upid. Can’t go around hurting people’s feeling calling a horse a horse, right DN! Go Dawgs!

Borna Dawg

Thanks for your virtue signaling. I called no one person st#pid. I said generally "these guys" . So let me understand... you don't believe any football player or guy in general is st&pid if they harass women in any way? Or is that you just can't say they are stup&d for doing so? Which is it?

• MountainDawgMountainDawg Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

This story makes no sense. Either there was probable cause to make an arrest at the scene or there wasn’t, or there was PC and a different action other then arrest was made. I feel a lot of details haven’t emerged yet.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2020

Lots of unanswered questions. But I will say this--while the state of Georgia in general and the city of Athens in particular love their Dawgs, law enforcement doesn't seem to cut these jocks any slack. In fact, often times, to the contrary. You get questioned for a little weed, minor driving infraction, harmless argument, etc. in many states-- especially where no one in particular is complaining or feeling threatened-- they size up the situation, put it into context (i.e., compare to higher priorities), and you usually get slapped on the wrist and/or a stiff warning. Not in Athens. Maybe Wyatt's circumstances are more serious than we realize at this time. Or not.

• MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Or disagree with someone. That will get you flagged for abuse or labeled as an abuser quickly in this snowflake society these days.