Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm takes center stage at NFL combine, some experts already believers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,466 admin
edited February 2020 in Article commenting

imageJake Fromm takes center stage at NFL combine, some experts already believers

Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm aims to show arm strength in his throwing session, but some NFL experts are already impressed with Fromm

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Jake ran into an inexperienced wide receiver corps and a coach who wanted to play small ball and play defense,” Mason said. “He was not the issue, and that’s part of the reason Jake left, I think... May well be Mason, but Kirby has seen the light. His days of "small ball" are dwindling now that he has progressed to more of an aerial attack via recruiting and new hires on offense. Jake made his choice and we all wish him every success in the NFL. I truly hope he "sneaks into the 1st round."

• Options
    MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

MAYBE he played "small ball" BECAUSE he had inexperienced receivers. It's amazing how most of these talking heads either have no playing experience or weren't good enough to still be playing (Hutson Mason), but know more than the head coach does.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm guessing Fromm goes late 2nd or early 3rd round. I hope I'm wrong.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So he is going to throw in controlled conditions. No rain, wind or anything. That should really tell them what they need to know. It would be great to be drafted by a dome team and play nothing but dome teams your whole career.

I know there were dropped passes and wrong routes (are we always going to blame receivers for being wrong)? But on deep passes,receivers always had to wait on the ball. 2 most memorable were, Pickens on the flea flicker against Baylor and Blaylock against Auburn I think. Arm strength to me is questionable. Slants (as few as there were) always seemed to be just behind the receivers.

I think he may still go early. But don't get me wrong, CKS had a lot to do with the poor performance of Fromm. I do believe he would not let Fromm run at all, due to possible injury risk, and just not enough opportunities to showcase his arm strength (maybe for a reason?). Because every time in was 3rd and10 or more, you better believe it was going to be a handoff. So maybe CKS knows more than everyone else does. Just my opinion. But we will see.

Go DAWGS.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yes, he will have better receivers in the NFL but on the other side of that coin are world class DBs that will be awaiting those floaters and off target throws, not to mention the edge rushers bearing down and moving him off spot. I wish him the best and only time will tell. I don't even think Burrow is going to do that well starting out the gate, if ever.