Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Even with Brock Vandagriff commitment, ESPN down on future of UGA quarterback position

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageEven with Brock Vandagriff commitment, ESPN down on future of UGA quarterback position

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. ESPN skeptical about future of Georgia football quarterback position In the days after Jake Fromm announced he

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

Opinions don't really matter very much, but his is as good as anyone's I suppose. There's no way to know how well our offense will do this year. Our defense will keep us in the game, so lets hope our offense can win them. Go Dawgs!

• Options

Very cool to hear from those legacy players. I had no idea it wasn't until 1971 that AA players were on the team. I'm old to remember "whites only' signs. How **** we were.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haha, like their opinion matters. Smart has shown that he pretty much gets who he wants. Eason? Yep. Fields? Sure, why not. 12th best recruit in the nation as QB, yep. Fromm leaves unexpectedly and he immediately gets the best transfer QB available. He also grabs a pillar of Bama football and uses him as Special Teams coach.

The QB position is now transfer city and so that means commitments don't really matter all that much anymore.

Go Dawgs! It should be another fun year next year.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't look now (maybe he didn't get the memo), but Beck believes he's competing for the 2020 job. And that's a good thing... for him, and the team. I like our QB situation now. And the year after. And the year after that. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rittenberg put the Bulldogs at No. 11, behind the likes of Florida, Notre Dame and Oklahoma State. Unreal....

Let's see, UGA already has the No.1 rated QB for 2021 locked in. Georgia is in also great position to make it two in a row with in state prospect Gunner Stockton, who's on pace to break Trevor Lawrence's state records.

Not to mention Kirby raided Florida for the top rated Florida QB in the 2020 class.

Meanwhile, Florida's signing QB's that Georgia won't even give a real offer to. And their backup QB hasn't shown the ability to threaten any top 25 defense.

Rittenberg needs to get a clue...

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree. Heroes, they are. But keep in mind, there were practices in times past, which were seen as normal but are not, now. Additionally, there were practices that were seen as abnormal, years ago, that are accepted, now. Fortunately, our founding fathers, in their infinite wisdom, arranged our government so our laws could evolve as our society did. There are still countries, TODAY, where being a VICTIM of sexual assault will result in the VICTIM being **** to death. This is a great country to live in. And the heroes, who dared question the status quo, deserve their due recognition.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm not sure why using a term that describes throwing rocks at someone is censored. C'mon Dawgnation!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ESPN.. Entirely **** People Network. ESPN is Nothing more now than a soapbox for clowns to voice opinions.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm interested in the intraseason & post season QB rankings.

To sum up the article: Your guess is as good as mine, or maybe not.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options

Same with stu-pid.. Yet grammatical errors in almost every article posted on here. Priceless!

• Options
  • Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Like discussing positions, but it really doesn't matter what this guys ranking of QB's is, as pointed out Burrow wasn't even on his map last season. He's guessing.

As for UGA, Beck & Vandagriff will battle it out, only one will likely stay (as is the norm these days). If they land Stockton, he's more likely to stay if Beck wins the job & Vandergriff leaves as there would likely be a couple of years separation. If Vandergriff wins the job, Beck & Stockton (provided he lands at UGA) will likely be gone.

• Options

Exactly! Burrows wasn't even mentioned as 1 of the best QB's in the country during the off season, and we all know how well his season went.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just hope Stetson Bennett will find another school to play at because he is very talented but I don't think he'll ever see the field at UGA.

• Options
    edited March 2020
  • Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We've had so much turnover that we're basically an unknown at this point. Given that we still come in at #11, I'd take that as encouraging news. I'd be curious to hear how fans of the schools ranked 12-16 feel being behind us, given our unknown status. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why would we Dawgs care what Adam Rittenberg says about anything and why would Dawg Nation bother to write about it. ESPN is all about the Big 10, Big 12, PAC and anything but the SEC. Why bother with these hit pieces? The team that wins the national championship in 2020 will be from the southeastern US. Bet on it! Go Dawgs!!!