Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

REPORT: Nick Saban was 'riding (Scott) Cochran mercilessly' leading up to Alabama departure

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageREPORT: Nick Saban was 'riding (Scott) Cochran mercilessly' leading up to Alabama departure

An Alabama media report citing unnamed sources asserts new Georgia special teams coach Scott Cochran drew Nick Saban's wrath in public settings after sharing his desire to become an on-field assistant coach

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting.... makes you wonder who reached out to who in this. No one can deny Saban's accomplishments, but one has to think he's tough to work for/with.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This hire is a mystery to me. The coaches know a lot more about the inside goings-on than we do...obviously. RxDawg is right....who reached out to whom? Cochran is a strength and conditioning expert. Would Saban's loud mouth just now discourage Cochran after all these faithful years? I wonder? This story is still pending an outcome. I truly hope he does well as UGA special teams coach.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I find it interesting how some (non UGA) voices lay the blame for recent years' Bama injury woes at Cochran's feet. If he's to blame there, is he not also to be credited for the success during championship years?

Also, I'm intrigued by Saban's refusal to give Cochran an on-field chance. Was it because an on-field role could lead to Cochran taking a head coaching gig somewhere and Saban didn't want to lose his S&C guy? Or is it because Saban didn't think Cochran was up to the task of an on-field role?

At the end of the day, I trust Kirby to find the right addition for UGA and I think Cochran will be an asset. At worst, Kirby has proven that he'll make adjustments when warranted. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

'sent shockwaves across the SEC'

lol

OK, a little over dramatic

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s Bama posters trying to throw shade. Nothing was weird with their relationship anymore than any of their coaches. It helps them process the hurt. Cochran doesn’t leave the QB in up by 35 and cause defenders to break his hip. That’s all on The Midget.

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saban's true colors show again.. Not suprising

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saban demands total control and is not to be questioned. He has played the press like a maestro to create and maintain the image. We are seeing the beginning of the end for Saban and Bama. It began with the NC game against UGA when his players began throwing punches and getting called for other personal fouls. During Saban's glory years, Bama was always the most composed team on the field. No longer! Cochran leaving is just another symptom to much bigger problems at Bama.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And Alabama fans don't like Kirby because they think he "stole" some of Saban's recruits or whatever.

If Kirby had done what some allege, I've wondered if legal action would have been taken.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Cochran will be great for UGA. But Pruit will offer him a better job, in a year. He will then be a DC, somewhere, followed by FCS head coach. In 2026, He'll be Bama's new HC.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, they don't like Kirby and much of the reason has to do with Smart getting recruits that Saban used to get.

Kirby left Alabama for Georgia and two short years later Smart signed the top class for Georgia. Saban's streak of No.1 recruiting classes came to an end and it was Kirby Smart that ended it...

Now instead of Smart signing the best players for Alabama, Saban finds himself fighting Smart tooth and nail for most of them. That's The Kirby Effect.....