Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Good news came my way this week.

jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited March 2020 in Off Topic

I told @Tdub0199 when I first found out about this because we have known each other since high school but thought I would share it with everyone now that things have fallen into place(well almost everything except being on hold with Qantas as I'm posting this).

I have a 14 yr old son who has been in Australia most of his life with his mother. Been a huge struggle to see him on average of once a year but I've done it. He came over at Christmas this year for a month and first thing off the plane he asked if he could live with me. I said we would work on it but wasn't able to get everything worked out in time for him to stay so I sent him back at the end of January. Well, to make a long story short, he arrives in Detroit on Friday the 13th to live here. Got word this week to get him a flight.

I wanted to tell everyone this for two reasons. One is first thing he's learning about American football is that the gaturds s u c k and it's ok to hate them. 2nd, and I'll probably catch hell for this statement by some, if you are a parent who doesn't at least try to stay in you child's life, you don't deserve to call yourself a mom or dad. Sorry about that last rant but it's been building up for 13 years but next Friday will make it all worth it.

And yes I'm beginning to get in a very foul mood. Made two other calls while I've been on hold just to kill time waiting on Qantas.😂

Comments

• Big_PruneBig_Prune Posts: 134 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news, be the best dad youve always wanted to be

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news, I am glad you will have your son with you.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome news man. I truly dont know what id do without my kids everyday. Im glad your son is coming to live with you.

Oh and make sure you take him to a Dawgs game ASAP! 😀

• KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats, and good luck to you and your son. It will be a real journey for the two of you getting to really know each other and him adjusting to life in the U.S.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will be if we can get to Ga around his school schedule. Only time he's off long enough is around the tech game every year so maybe we will go to that one. And we don't play Ohio State for another 9 yrs so that's no good. Not waiting that long to go to another game

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hang in there @jc30116 !!! Good things to come my brother!!!

• Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s incredible. Congrats.

• CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Congrats, brother!

Making my daughter the center point of my life ensures me that no matter when my time comes, I'll go with a smile. No regrets! Lmk if you ever need help with family trips around coastal GA. I'll hook it up.

Thanks everyone. Hopefully, this move will help him more than anything. He hasn't been happy there for a long time. Fresh start in a new place can do wonders.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 Man that's awesome, congrats! What a week for you!

Yes it has been a great one. Will update everyone the 13th when he arrives in Detroit.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And here I thought this was just another recruiting post... congrats to you man. I couldn't imagine being separated from kids like that. That had to be really tough.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's important, and no one should take it for granted!

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jc30116 Congrats again and good luck to you both

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd be pretty thrilled to be eating a Whataburger right about now myself. Congrats and good luck.

edited March 2020

I still say that Whataburger has the best fast food burger out there. And in case anyone doesn't know, there is one in Valdosta I believe. Edit...it's in Thomasville.