Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Netflix Movies or Series

NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trying to find new series to watch while sports are down. All suggestions are welcome.

watched spencer confidential last night pretty good movie for a remake. Going to watch triple frontier later tonight.

Comments

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ozark, stranger things, narcos, longmire are all great series

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My husband and I are currently watching Monk on Amazon Prime. Oldie but a goodie...also Jack Ryan is good. Only a few episodes in but I like it!

• GoodGameGoodGame Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ozark is really good. Peaky Blinders is ok. I’m watching Hunters on Amazon Prime right now.

• LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kingdom if you’re looking for a well done foreign zombie series. Niche market, I’ll grant you that.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Big fan of Clancy’s books and the show is excellent, highly recommend the books after you finish the show but they are a long read. If you have more time to kill after the show they made a few movies years back that I think are pretty good too

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Narcos:Mexico. 2 seasons out. The original Narcos was good too IIRC. Not highbrow but entertaining.

• Howie3bHowie3b Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

Friday Night Tykes. Those boys take youth football seriously.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Netflix: Longmire

Amazon Prime: Justified

Wherever you can find it: Jesse Stone series

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ozark and Stranger Things filmed in Georgia. Kind of cool seeing and hearing Georgia places.

Ozarks is a drug/money laundering drama on Lake Allatoona while Strangers things has some strange paranormal kinda kooky kid stuff that starts off in the old Emory Psychiatric Hospital that is now abandoned.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not Netflix but if you have cable, TCM has been showing some great movies. All the Presidents' Men followed by Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid tonight. Other classics on tap tomorrow and next week- you can check listings and set your DVR.

Also, the NFL Network has had a marathon run of A Football Life. Those are hit or miss, kinda like ESPN's 30 for 30, but some are pretty good. I watched the Kenny Stabler one last night. It's airing again at 1am EST (tonight).

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still love Black Mirror which might be my top show from the past decade...thought provoking and creepy how many of their predictions on technology - and all the uncomfortable associated effects on society and relationships - have proven to be true just years after the episodes aired.

Honorable Netflix Mentions: Breaking Bad & Ozark. If you need a football fix, QB1 and Last Chance U are both good watches, too.

If you have HBO, The Leftovers was also very good - especially Season 1 - as was the Watchmen series from this past year (both created by Damon Lindelof who also created Lost).

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

HBO’s The Outsider was filmed/takes place in Georgia, as well. Great first two episodes and then it goes downhill so not a recommendation, per se.

One other Georgia connection on HBO now that I really enjoyed is the documentary series McMillions about the McDonalds Monopoly game scandal.

• mackdewlilmackdewlil Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

if u haven’t watched altered carbon on Netflix yet u need to check it out. Hunters on amazon prime is my second favorite show behind GOT. If u haven’t watched making a murderer it’s a real trip. True story ab a guy who gets out of prison after 18 yrs for a murder he didn’t commit when new dna evidence proved him innocent he then goes on to sue the county for 18 million and the next murder that pops up in that town they throw him in prison for again. The government is not ur friend. uS justice system has 99 percent conviction rate. U are not innocent until proven guilty. Into the badlands is a good show. 3% is a good show. On my block is a good show. Better call Saul, longmire, hell on wheels, the innocent man, how to catch an internet killer, stranger things, all of the Netflix originals are really good. I know there’s more good stuff but can’t think of it. I’ve seen almost everything on Netflix due to how I’m a professional online poker player and that’s what I watch while I play.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

For those of you with kids, Disney released Frozen 2 a few months early. It’s on the Disney+ app.

EDIT: Of course, for dads with no sports to watch, learning that Frozen 2 has been released early might not be good news. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Frozen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Maybe My favorite scene is where he has to escape from a boat at sea and he tells someone he had never swam but could because he passed a correspondence course. He then pulls out the instruction card he kept in his wallet and falls in. You’ll have to see the rest to appreciate.

Let me know the episode number if you find it.