Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Netflix Movies or Series

Comments

• how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Last Kingdom is well done and Bernard Cornwell's books are even better. Jack Ryan and the Tom Clancy books the same. I'm in season two of Frontier and it's good but not quite as good as the first two. If you can find it Justified is great Raylan Gibbons is a great character . Also if you're OK with more adult fare, check out HBO'S Rome it's got a great cast and is entertaining and historically​ accurate. But again it's makes GOT look like the Muppets.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just watched this series. I really liked it a lot and thought it was the best 'who dunnit' since True Detective season 1. That said, IMO the final episode was a bit underwhelming and rushed.

• brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Contains some terrible language , but the Ranch on Netflix is absolutely hilarious.

• amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Infinity Wars, The Two Towers, The Return of the King, Supernatural and Criminal Minds - all of these are great watches IMO

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

If your wife is a Downton Abbey fan, my wife recommends Dr. Thorne (PrimeTV). I apologize in advance.

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We saw that one awhile back; hilarious! U fortunately I can’t remember which episode number it is. It’s actually really funny to watch it because the Techie hubby and Monk have a lot in common.

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For anyone who likes British TV: Endeavor and Luther are both great! They’re on Amazon Prime...

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m watching contagion now, pretty crazy how similar things are in that movie compared to things happening today.

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NARCOS NARCOS AND NARCOS..O AND NARCOS!!

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Contagion is a good movie. Seen it several times. Definitely timely now.

I totally missed it on my Best Films of the Past 20 Years thread. Will be sure to add to my final post.

Thanks for mentioning.

• RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Altered Carbon is a phenomenal show on Netflix. Well, season 1 was at least. Still unsure how I feel about season 2 that just recently dropped.

And obviously most of the Marvel shows they did range from great to very good, excluding Iron Fist which you can easily skip unless you just want to complete all their series. But Daredevil is outstanding for brutal action fans; as is Punisher. Luke Cage was a very well done show I thought; and Jessica Jones was good too, but in a more cerebral and character development manner.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sherlock. Writing and acting both 10/10.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some good suggestions in the thread. I'll name one I haven't seen anyone post yet.

Star Wars The Clone Wars is on Disney + now. They are releasing new episodes weekly for the 7th and final season. But they have all 6 other seasons in full. If your a Star Wars fan and haven't seen this animated series, I suggest you do. There are some major story lines they address in this and overall it's really well done. Honestly I think it's better than many of the movies. It's got a lot of side story fluff too though.

But i enjoyed it so much I went back and watched the entire thing from the beginning before starting the 7th season. And as a bonus, I never saw the 6th season and didn't realize it. So I got 2 new seasons!

• ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I watched this yesterday too (until 3 am, lol, hurting this morning). I didn't finish all of it, there are 2 seasons 10 episodes each most around 30 minutes a piece. It is definitely better because of its history but it is very entertaining in its own right. A must watch for any fans of the original movies.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Julian Fellowes who's the creator of Downton Abbey has a new series called "Belgravia". I stay in Belgravia when I go to London, so it's kind of interesting to see the origins of this area.

For others who like English period pieces or want to keep their wife in another room, suggest 'Poldark' on Amazon prime. ;-)

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Started watching Cobra Kai last night. If you were a Karate Kid fan back in the day you will like the series. It's a little sad and depressing at times, but overall I like it. Essentilly, Danny owns a very successful car dealership and the kid he kicked in the face to win the tournament, Johnny, is a down on his luck dude who hasn't gotten over losing the fight. Johnny decides to teaching karate....it's interesting because both characters are both bad and good. It's hard to tell who the protagonist or antagonist is so far.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

"The 100" is what the wife and I are into right now. Very good. can be really bloody at times.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2020

The earth is destroyed by nukes. There are a colony of humans who live in a space station (the Ark) and have been living there for 98 years since the nukes. The ark is starting to fail so they send 100 young adults to Earth to see if it is habitable yet. While on Earth The 100 discover there are different tribes of humans who are still alive on earth, and want to kill them. There are also many other challenges they must face as well. I don't wanna give away to much.

Its futuristic meets medieval. can be very gross-um at times. I'm hooked.