Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• Huntindawg81Huntindawg81 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ahhhh the good ole health and comfort on a friday to lock us down over the weekend.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, I posted that on my FB page today. Military guys understand.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I ventured out and finally found a thermometer today. Wore a mask in public for the first time in my life and felt weird but whatever. Weren't too many people out and I got in and out quick so I didn't freak out too much.

Being able to take your temp when you sneeze or cough during a pandemic is a real improvement.

It was nice out here today so I went for a walk on the river. FYI: national park fees are waived for the time being. Feels good to get out and get some exercise and social distancing is easy outdoors..recommend highly. Stay safe everyone. Fromm's hometown has a case now BTW.

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good news out of China tonight: https://www.businessinsider.com/china-no-new-local-coronavirus-cases-first-time-during-outbreak-2020-3

I think Covid19 spread a lot farther in the US before we started dealing with it than in China and the US probably won't get Covid19 under control as fast as China did (unless Mother Nature helps us out a bit), but still this is very good news out of China that for the first time, there are no new cases of Covid-19 there.

The vast majority of people who DO have it don't require medical attention at all. I believe this is more widespread than we know because most people have no symptoms and have not and will not get tested. If we increase testing, we will undoubtedly find more "new" cases. The huge majority of those people will be just fine. And of course there will be a certain number of people who do need medical attention and will develop serious issues, but that number is likely to be very low compared to the total number of actual infected (not known cases), and they too will likely be just fine once the virus has run its course. Once this is all over I believe the mortality rate will be far below the 3% everyone is concerned about...likely well below 1%, and more in line with a normal seasonal flu. Just my predictions.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

Nothing new to report out in Germany today. Everybody is just waiting to see what happens next. Family and I are well and I do not personally know of anyone impacted yet. Hopefully all the safety measures work and it does not get any worse. Keep Calm and Dawg On

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

An amazingly beautiful morning in the Upstate of SC. Thankful for today. Gonna start my garden today! Might also take my girls to the driving range - it's pretty spread out. Supposed to be 78 and sunny.

Just sent out assignments to all my classes - and when those kids wake up in about 3 hours they can get started...

All good in our home.

Hurlburt Field (Ft. Walton Beach, FL) is on minimal staffing. They broke us into to teams. One team comes in one week and the other works from home, the next week we switch. I assume most military bases are doing something similar. The good news is that traffic is easy and parking is no problem now.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

Not here Seabee's and students are wide open still training and standing in formation shoulder to shoulder. My clinic has some1 at the door that is it. What I am doing if my command won't protect me I am protecting my self by not working the front windows and staying in the back at my desk, if they don't like it send me home, I am older and higher risk. My wife contacted our congressman yesterday about the lack of protection by my command. It is unbelievable that this is going on when every other Medical office and Hospital is taking precautions but not here.....

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Hey PG, I'm just over a 100 miles east of you off Hwy 98. Been noticing some very strange military air traffic the last few days. Quite a few V-22 Ospreys along with many various fighter jets on maneuvers. I'm assuming the Ospreys are out of Hurlbert but its the first time I've noticed them over this way. Makes me wonder whats up as we navigate these uncharted waters.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

I've had a place in Destin for several years and seeing those Ospreys up close, over the water, just off the beach is a really cool sight. Impressive aircraft.

This discussion has been closed.