Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Just a might have happened...........

OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Last month I came down with what I thought was just a bad case of the flu. I was ill for 3 weeks. I haven't even caught a cold in years. I have a physical job, run with my dogs around the local high school track daily. Wondering if I didn't have an early version of C-19.

Comments

• OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And yes, everyone in my house is fine.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I pretty much had the same thing. Body aches, light headed, bad cough but never ran a fever. Lasted about 3 weeks but the cough only lasted about a week and a half. I pretty much stayed home the whole time being self employed. Saw the doctor at the first part of the second week. Asked if I had traveled or been in contact with various people. I had not, so he prescribed some antibiotics and cough medicine.

I feeling almost a 100% now...

My guess, it's just a flu that has similar symptoms but not the true Covid.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod
    edited March 2020

Same thing with me. Never had the flu before but got my first bout with it about a month ago. I was out of work for three days and had a cough that lingered for a couple weeks. I doubt it was Covid. This year's flu strain is apparently pretty potent on its own. Probably should have gotten the flu shot. I'm the only one in my family who doesn't get it annually and I was the only one who got sick.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife had the flu, I never got it, I think, but I have had a couple of cases of pure exhaustion that I've never felt except in extreme cases of no sleep.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on a daytime Soap, BUT based on what I've read on the CDC, WHO sites and following the John Hopkins global COVID-19 Coronavirus (formerly known as the Wuhan Coronavirus) global outbreak map, I think you guys can rule out COVID-19. Most likely the common flu. My reasoning is the timing of your symptoms. Back in Jan./early Feb. it's unlikely you'd come in contact with someone in the state of Georgia who had contracted COVID-19, unless you had recently traveled to China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Iran and Italy or had come in contact with someone who had.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

...or unless you were on the WDW monorail with someone who had been exposed.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

No telling. My neighbor’s daughter is a student at Duke. Her roommate is from South Korea, and returned home to South Korea in January for a few days.. A week or so after she returned, their daughter started feeling sick. Fever. Shortness of breath. Chest tightness, etc. Went to the medical center twice. They couldn’t tell her anything and gave her antibiotics. She was fine in about two weeks. That was early February

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both the wife and I had flue like symptoms including a fever earlier this year, but tested negative for the flu. Took a min for her to get back to 100%. It took forever for me to get rid of the cough

• OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And some of you wonder why you have to call folks and they don't call you, or ever call you back. Richards.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife and I were very sick back in the end of February with same symptoms and both of us went the dr and tested negative for the flu... it took quite some time for our coughs to go away... not sure what we had and not implying we had covid-19 but I'm very curious now...

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Same here and after reading some stories on the "mild" symptoms, we too may had experienced it, but I tend to lean more towards a flu strain that appears to have very common symptoms, but lack the high fever or shortness of breath. Neither which we had.

Good thing is we both stayed home feeling like crap for 10 days or so. No exposure to others and we both feel great now......

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate