Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

How quarantined are you?

law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just curious how quarantined everyone is....

Are you at home 24/7, do you only go out as needed, or are you coming and going like nothing happend?

For me I only go out to get food and work.

Comments

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I already worked from home mostly so I was good there. I’m going out for a walk every day but staying in otherwise. Going to order something curbside pickup for dinner tonight as I’m not sure how much longer that’s going to be an option.

I’m in a big city so my food and grocery delivery or pickup options are pretty good for the time being. I took this seriously pretty early so I didn’t have to deal with empty shelves as much as a lot did when stocking up. Except for not realizing I didn’t have a thermometer until they were sold out everywhere but I was able to rectify that.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So you're saying you're the one who bought up all the toilet paper?🤔

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

We're leaving to get fresh groceries. We were pretty well stocked on everything non-perishable or frozen, but have an eye toward more stringent travel restrictions in the near future. My husband and I were part of a small team that live-streamed our church's service this morning. We already home schooled, so that stays the same.

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had pilonidal cyst surgery 10 days ago. I feel like it was perfect timing now that everyone is being quarantined since nobody can really do anything. Luckily, my gym hasn’t been shutdown yet so I can still do that. Other than that I haven’t left the house really.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually no. As a guy who lives a couple of miles from a Costco I always have more TP on reserve than the average single guy. 🤣

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin
    edited March 2020

@BiffLowman -- Where is that? Looks like an old favored spot I used to hike along on the regular.

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I work from home. We go out running or on walks but maintain distance. We have gone out to the store for food and guns/ammo and when we have, we have worn a mask and used hand sanitizer before getting out of the car and when getting back in.

• KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Working harder than ever pulling the tank around the country!

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Home and Office, Office Closed to public. One major exception. ....

I headed to the mountains with my son for two days when he came home for spring break.

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Came to our family's place in Maine. last Saturday. I only leave to go to the store. Don't really come across anybody other than in the stores. There's a Walmart in town and a local grocer, otherwise I spend all my time cooking, playing with the toddler, fiddling around in the barn, raking leaves, or tinkering with the truck.

• BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cloudland Canyon State Park. It was about a 2 hr drive from Holly Springs.

Unfortunately, it was too crowded. The parking lot looked like Wal-Mart on Thanksgiving night.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not quarantined enough

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Went to the grocery store today. Not as many people there that would be on a normal day. That makes me thinks that the panic buyers either are stocked up, or realize they shouldn't have panicked. Most the shelves were fairly stocked. Plenty of canned goods, bread, veggies and even some meats. Lots of ground beef and even some chicken. Milk and eggs were low, but were there. Plenty of beer and wine. Of course still no TP but we're good at the moment.

Hopefully, this is a sign that folks aren't going into hysteria and total lockdown. Sanity is taking precautions and not let paranoia take over.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We’re trying to minimize our trips out as much as we can. We go out for groceries, but not much else. I’m fortunate in that I’m able to work from home, and we home school our kids.