Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DawgNation Daily Podcast Episode 387: ESPN says keep an ‘eye on’ unheralded UGA recruit

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

On the Feb 21 podcast @DawgNationDaily talk about why one ESPN writer thinks Georgia incoming freshman Justin Shaffer — despite being just a 3-star recruit — could make a bigger impact than the recruiting services think. Plus Jeff Sentell joins the show and we discuss…

• 5-star running back Zamir White’s placement of UGA on his list of top four schools
  • Whether White’s interest could get the Bulldogs in the mix for an elite quarterback in 2018
  • The possibility that 5-star safety Tyreke Johnson could be this year’s Richard Lecounte — a recruit that brings other talent with him to Athens, Ga.

DawgNation Daily is available for download in the iTunes store. https://itun.es/us/mN-T9.c

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smart wants to build a program like there is in Alabama--that is why we didn't fit our offense to the talent last year. We are building a big, physical line that will dominate the point of attack. I like what Brandon said about us building an identity and CONTNUITY in style.

While I believe we should compete in the East, we will still have some growing pains in 2017. I'm looking at 2018 as the year we make our move as a serious contender for the SECC.

• Options
    SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

I agree @JayDog - personally would be happy with an SEC East title this year and try to slay the SEC-W giant in 2018!
    Not buying into Vols-like hype of Championship run this season, not there...YET!

• Options

Reflecting on the new practice facility, I wonder if it would have had the same effect on recruits if the timing was different. Opening the facility the same year as a top 3 recruiting class has really helped momentum. If we win the East this year, our program will be a run away freight train.

• Options

@SavageDawg17 said:
    I agree @JayDog - personally would be happy with an SEC East title this year and try to slay the SEC-W giant in 2018!
    Not buying into Vols-like hype of Championship run this season, not there...YET!

The Vols will play under the dreaded "hot seat" cloud this season. Given they will be breaking in a new QB, it might be a tough season for them.