Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dawgs on TV have produced some great memories for fans through the years

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageDawgs on TV have produced some great memories for fans through the years

From the flea-flicker upset of Bama to ‘Run Lindsay’ and the ‘Gator Stomp,’ Georgia football has been must-see viewing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Those are great memories. "Run Lindsay", is my all time favorite.

• HotDawgHotDawg Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

Don't forget the GA - GA Tech game in 1978.

When Buck Belue entered the game in the 2nd half as a freshman. Leading the Dawgs to a dramatic come from behind victory.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Bill For a fun article. I was there for the 1965 game (flea flicker vs Bama) and it definitely ranks up there with the greatest of all time. I also loved the “run Lindsey run” play against Florida. That was huge because without that play we don’t go on and win the NC.....and it came at the Gator’s expense which makes it that much better. Also, one of my favorites and the one that put us into the NC game was Sony’s TD run in OT in the Rose Bowl. I think every UGa fan went totally berserk when Michel cleared the left side and was sprinting down the sideline (with an assist from a Jake Fromm block). All are great memories. Go Dawgs!!!

I also remember that my classmate from Woodward Academy (an all-state H.S. quarterback) David Archer helped seal the victory against GA Tech in '78.

Dooley made him a DB and he intercepted a pass at end of game.

That was a TV game.

Dooley liked to turn many high school quarterbacks into defensive backs.

Anyone else ever notice that?

Can't argue though.

He had MANY successful DB's

• ScooterpoopScooterpoop Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

1966 Cotton Bowl led by the late Kent Lawrence, and it remains 8:50 in Texas.