Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart: Why Georgia gave Scott Cochran opportunity that Nick Saban wouldn't

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited March 2020 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart: Why Georgia gave Scott Cochran opportunity that Nick Saban wouldn't

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart went into greater detail when asked why he hired Scott Cochran during a Tuesday teleconference

Read the full story here

Comments

• bhdawgbhdawg Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

He will do fine, JMO.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gonna be fun watching coach Cochran and coach Smart on the sidelines together, once football gets going again. Those are two of the highest energy level guys in all of coaching! I love it, and very fired up!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAAAAAAWGS!

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“We didn’t really have anything here to offer him along those lines, and Georgia did.”

What a smarmy backhanded compliment. Two things.

1. I really hope there's a football season this year.
    2. I really hope we whoop Bama's ass.
  • UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe Cochran will try especially hard for Coach Smart.....that can only hlep UGA at the special teams level and in the area of recruiting. Saban just lost a good one...he knows it. Want to see Smart and Cochran standing on sidelines looking over at Saban and SMILING! Gotcha!!!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ALL Head coaches eventually have to start somewhere.. Rarely is one given a Head coaching job in their 1st attempt at being an on field coach. Saban showed his true colors..AGAIN..GoDAWGS