Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dang man. Kenny Rogers died.

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That makes me so sad man. Dang. I guess with all this mess goin around it can let a celebs passing slip through the cracks.

Rest in peace brotha......

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Gambler

Lucille

Coward of the County

She Believes in Me

Islands in the Stream (with Dolly Parton)

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was at the top of country and pop in late 70s early 80s

Great songs everyone could sing even if you could not sing .....

Easy to fill in the blanks

1.You got to know when to hold them.......

2 You picked a fine time....................... four hungry children...

3 RUBY, Don’t ____

4 _______It’s cheap but it ain’t free _____

Lived on farm outside of Athens and started the roaster chicken craze with Kenny Rogers Roasted Chicken Restaurants

Thanks for the recollections

I also miss Don Williams who died in 2017. Not as popular for long, but great songs and several similar to Kenny

Amanda

I Believe in You

Lord I hope this Day is good

Maybe more.

Whether intentional or not, you filled in the blank! Keep up the great job. You’re helping us make it through this long stretch.

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2020

Funny misheard song lyrics are always fun to mention.

I once thought it was

“You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille, FOUR HUNDRED children and CR@P in the field!”

Kenny had a big ranch just outside Athens near Colbert. I remember driving by it circa 1985 and seeing the big Arabian style horse barns. Burt Reynolds lived in Loganville just south of highway 78.