Home› Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Favorite Posters Sports Movies Music 🤞

BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saw the Maxell Poster on another Thread thanks to @Old_lady_dawg_fan and @Casanova_Flatulence and thought it would be cool to see favorite posters we had on our walls in college or before we got married. Hopefully we can do this the right way ourselves without being censored 🤬 by the mods. 🤞

Does anyone remember the movie Spinal Tap. My roommate’s favorite.

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I had one that said "got cookies" with a very attractive young woman on it. I was 20. If you google it, you should find it. I'm surprised there was ever a woman in that room

Had this one a couple years later as a nod to the big lebowski

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank You. As Wholesome as it gets.

@ghostofuga1 That is really 😎. I wish I kept all my old stuff. Never had anything like that Springsteen poster though. Wow.

@Bulldawg1982. I did manage to keep that Chief Justice poster. I found it not long ago with some 1990’s brave Newspaper Covers that I intended to frame but never did.

Wasn’t a poster but I had an old Gatorade Helmet Lid display that had all NFL teams at the time. I got sick and had to go to the hospital when I was little and everyone went looking for the different lids to give me instead of get well cards. Wish I still had it.

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had a huge watercolor I had done from Bob Dylan's Live from Budokan album and a sketch of Bobby Clark. (Don't ask me why I drew a Philly Flyer, maybe being hacked off over the Flames leaving Atlanta?) One of my favs was a close-up photo of the hands of an old bluesman hugging a guitar. (Not one I had done.)

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I bought two copies of Zeppelin IV so I could hang the inside cover on my wall (as well as having it printed on a t-shirt) while keeping the record (and its spare) safely in it's alphabetized sleeve. The spare came in handy because I wore that vinyl out on my BIC turntable that probably tracked at about a pound a half.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol. My walls were collaged with posters and full of shelves of baseball cards....to answer your question, not THAT big.

• topcheftopchef Posts: 17 ✭✭ Sophomore

@Bulldawg1982 I see you were also a fan of the scholastic book fair...

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes. Plus my mother was a kindergarten teacher. She bought me alot of stuff from her school's book fair.

• SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had so many of these that were posted. Jordan, Murph, Justice, but my favorite was probably this one...

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I was a young kid, I roomed with my older brother. He is 8 years older. I was an 8 year old, he was 16. Our room was 99% his posters with a black light for the effect it made. I had just one. These are just a few of what was in our room:

The last one below is similar to the one I had:

GO DAWGS!!!

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh man, I practically lived at Busch Stadium when I lived in St. Louis. Ozzie Smith was an essential part of a great lineup.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh yeah ! Farrah was on many a young mans wall

• dawg_fan_66dawg_fan_66 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

And in many a young man's mind

• Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Iceman cometh.