Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Falcons trading up

Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like they are seriously trading up inside the top 10 to grab a player. If it’s CJ Henderson I’m going to be p.issed

Comments

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My money would be on Brown if they do trade up

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Or Simmons or Okudah

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Quinn is comfortable enough at CB after he said he thought Sheffield could be a #1.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope it's Simmons

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with this. If they are trading up they better come away with an immediate impact defender.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No way they're moving up for an OT is there? Given their use of the 1st round last year I hope not. Wouldn't have to get inside the top 10 for one of the top 3-4 OTs, though.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All we can hope is, that the blind hog will find an acorn.

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2020

I just know they better not take CJ Henderson..I really want AJ Epenesa out of Iowa or Javon Kinlaw..However with Brady and Gronk in the division the Falcons might try to make a move for Simmons...

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no doubt that TD and DQ will do something stûpid. Trading away picks to move up would fit that bill. If we were only a player away from being good, fine, but there are so many holes on this defense, one player isn’t going to solve them.

I wonder how much the position that DQ and TD are in themselves influences the draft process as well. They both need to win this season or they're out. Many thought they should have been gone after last year. Since they are "all in" out of necessity could that make it more likely for them to package picks to move up for a splash defender?

I love Simmons and Okudah but I also really like Kinlaw. Might not have to move up to grab him either. Our OL struggled with him at times the past few years.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod
    edited April 2020

If Brown is the guy, they're going to have to trade up to 3 to get him imo. I think Miami wants Derrick Brown instead of a QB.

If they want Kinlaw, I think they might have to move up to 8 because I could see the Jags swiping him at 9.

I love these mock drafts with so many WRs in the first round. So silly. Drafts always seem to primarily focus on QB, OL, and DL first.