Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Need a lunch dive suggestion from you mountain dawgs, please.

CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

We will be traveling north on 385 to 17 to 76 through Helen up to Macedonia and Hiawassee, then around Lake Chatuge and up into N. Carolina from above Brasstown Valley Resort on a Saturday afternoon. Anyone know of a "cant miss" family place for some grub along this route?

TIA!

Comments

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Seeing that your coming right through my neck of the woods, let me do some research and see what's open and/or available for pick up or curb side. A lot still haven't opened up totally.

Help me with what you may be looking for as in "family place"........

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gibson’s drive in and Happy Hawg are up that way. No idea if they are open considering everything going on in the world

• ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brothers Willow Ranch is right across the Highway from Brasstown resort. Good food and a place my kids always liked when they were younger. Not sure if they are open so you might want to check with them. Here is the website: https://www.brothersatwillowranch.com/

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Gibson's and Happy Hawg have been open in the last week or so for drive up/take out only.

Gibson's a burger/ sandwich etc. diner style place. Happy Hawg is a great little BBQ shack.

Brother's is a good sit down with a wide menu. Good food and decent service, but not sure where they are at this point.

Hiawassee Seafood Grill is open. Just transformed from Barney's Grill & Tap. Haven't tried them out yet.

Hiawassee Brew is open. Tex Mex food theme from a food trailer that's pretty good and authentic. Home brews available..

The "Sand Bar" is open. Large style tiki bar over looking the lake. Open air, lots of room and activities. Typical bar style menue.

Kountry Kitchen, curbside and take out. Homestyle cooking.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If none of @ghostofuga1's recommendations float your boat, I checked on mapquest and there's a Marco's Pizza just south of Hiawassee. 😀

• CondorFactsCondorFacts Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks for the comments, suggestions and idea,all.

@ghostofuga1 We like our google research but first person opinion is always great. Hiawassee seafood looks good. The name change explains why they only have 5 reviews. If you ever need recommends around coastal GA, I'll have paragraphs for you.

@ChicagoDawg That place looks great.

@AnotherDawg Gotta hold the pizza idea for when we fail miserably to catch our dinner at the cabin ;)