Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Honeymoon advice

Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alright, need a little help. Fiancé and I get married August 8th. We are worried that our passports aren’t going to make it to us on time due to the virus for a Bahamas honeymoon.

with that said, we are preparing to have to go somewhere in the US or a US territory.

please leave any advice or recommendations for beach/tropical places we could go without a passport.

thanks and go!

Comments

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come on down to the S.C. Lowcountry and have your honeymoon on Hilton Head Island.

• dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2020

If you are looking for beaches, Destin! The beaches are great, they have a lot of options for food, and plenty of great places to drink.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks.. This is a spot we were looking at specifically . Familiar with the margaritaville spot/area? Night life in that area?

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

congrats @Copedawg16! Not sure what you’re looking for exactly, but I’ll second @AnotherDawg and his mention of The Big Island. It’s like an entire country, 8 dif climate zones, great resorts, spots in the Volcano Park where you’re the only people for miles around and everything in between.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

have y'all already applied for your passport? Even with covid it seems like it should arrive before August

I've been to Hawaii, it was nice. Expensive and a long flight. But it's American, which is easy. HHI is cool, my sister has a house there. No experience with US Virgin Islands, though they'd be my top choice based on your criteria and no passport. There or Puerto Rico.

A slightly similar but different option would be Bar Harbor, Maine. Not tropical but beach/ocean.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Virgin Islands/puerto Rico/Hilton head

Great baseball advice that may also apply here:

2 hands while you’re learning

• JAXDAWGJAXDAWG Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Dewey House @ Southernmost Resort in Key West.

You walk off your back porch onto the beach.....and someone to make a gourmet breakfast on the porch every morning.

Highly recommended!

• Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is also an expedite option. I’m sure it’s pricey but might be worth it for a honeymoon.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Usually it isnt much more to expedite.

I think you can get it in 2 weeks (before)

• NashDawg2013NashDawg2013 Posts: 132 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    1. Napa
    2. A resort like Greenbrier (WV), Sea Island, or Sanderling in Outer Banks, but there are many others out west (CA, WY, MT, AZ)
    3. Maine coast is legit. My grandparents used to have a house in Bar Harbor before moving south
    4. Fly west and go to every national park you possibly can. I’d love that but can’t speak for you and the future Mrs.

Congrats in advance, and no doubt it’s a stressful time to be planning a wedding. A wise man (Coach Kirby) once said “gotta keep the main thing the main thing” and the main thing here is that you and the wife are happy with whatever happens no matter what.

• HouzdawgHouzdawg Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2020

You can go directly to one of the passport offices and have it the next day. Brother-in-law had to do that because the company wanted the expiration 6 months out.

virus probably has that messed up to though